1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

RFC Proofreaders for PocketMine Crowdin

Discussion in 'Contributing & RFCs' started by Johnmacrocraft, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Johnmacrocraft

Johnmacrocraft Silverfish

GitHub:
    johnmacrocraft
    (Not sure if this should go here, but anyway)
    Actually, I was going to post this when someone messes with it again, but I decided to do this earlier.
    I'm tired of people sometimes messing with translations. Mostly, they don't know how to translate, grammar rules, and even translate wrongly. If the project wasn't using crowdsourced translation services, then I can just clean up their ugly mess easily (for example, PR), but if it was using them, then things go very complicated - I need to downvote their bad translations, and since I can only vote for once (of course), if someone votes up for them back, I need to ask others to downvote them back. This is really irritating. Crowdsourced translations are good, but if no one can proofread translations, this makes translations extremely stupid and ugly.

https://twitter.com/dktapps/status/826477963810111488
    Ah nope, this was very useful in my case, since I was able to start translations from scratch because all votes are gone. Not sure about other languages, but Korean was just like old Geni***. Anyone want to know what it was like? Very inconsistent, doesn't follow grammar rules. And recently I checked Japanese too, and (of course), many parts needed clean up (didn't do it for Japanese though)
    (Fun fact: Nobody thought of cleaning this shit but translating too literally; of course we also need literal translation, but it was TOO MUCH. They just added useless parts that didn't even exist in original)

tl;dr: Can I get proofreader permission for Korean (and also Japanese, if possible)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. Johnmacrocraft

GitHub:
    johnmacrocraft
    Qeis2007 and jasonwynn10 like this.
  3. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i think i agree we need someone who can be trusted to clean up and check for languages
    maybe we should have a few for all langs

4. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Don't abuse colors. The default colors and font size are already the best font for normal text. Your OP has problems in the dark theme.

5. Johnmacrocraft

GitHub:
    johnmacrocraft
    ???

6. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    upload_2018-10-4_13-25-16.png

7. Johnmacrocraft

GitHub:
    johnmacrocraft
    wtf, that's weird... But my post is shown with white theme on my devices, how can I change this? I already searched for it, but can't figure out how to do this
    Edit: nvm, seems like I fixed it (anyone please check it), for some reason I had some color tags in my post

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  8. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    The reason we never had proof readers before now is because nobody wanted the job and because existing staff don't know all the languages we're translating to. It's difficult to find people we can trust, but ideally we'd have at least one proof reader per language.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  9. Johnmacrocraft

GitHub:
    johnmacrocraft
    I was translating PocketMine to Korean since 2015 (clean up was since 2017), and like I said from OP, I had some situations where I needed to use some dirty methods to prevent being messed up. It would be appreciated if I can get proofreader permission. Since PocketMine uses some vanilla strings and terms (and MCBE uses MCJE strings), I was translating it based on MCJE ones (for anyone who's wondering why I used MCJE ones, MCBE translations are ugly af because their translators don't know how the game works).

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  10. Johnmacrocraft

GitHub:
    johnmacrocraft
    Some simple examples of this:
    Chinese Simplified - pocketmine.level.badDefaultFormat: Apparently now Japanese and Chinese are completely same. Great.
    Chinese Simplified - pocketmine.server.start, pocketmine.server.info.extended (Fixed): So the word china... Why are you even here?
    Japanese - ability.flight: Wait what? Anti-Fly isn't allowed on this server? OMG!

11. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.