1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Implementing Redstone

Discussion in 'Contributing & RFCs' started by Apexia, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Apexia

Apexia Spider

I have noticed that there is no developer willing to take their time to add back redstone, so I will do it. But I noticed a few things are missing, mainly the blocks and textures, but I will be coding their functionality for whenever they are added, or if people help provide to add them in.

2. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    I am more inclined towards implementing them as a plugin so that it's easier to disable.

OnTheVerge and jasonwynn10 like this.
  3. Apexia

Apexia Spider

Ofc as a plugin.

4. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Um in case you didn't know, pocketmine doesn't make or send any textures aside from resource packs. Minecraft already has the textures, so there's no need.

5. Apexia

Apexia Spider

Oh, yea i noticed all the textures may be there, just unused. Currently working on getting redstone wire and torch working.

6. Mr174

Mr174 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    mr174
    +1

7. Deniel

Deniel Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    DenielWorld
    There is already an existent PMMP plugin that implements redstone. It uses a nukkit source, and is called "RedstoneCircuit". It can be found on github or in poggit dev builds. Just saying, in case you didn't know.

OnTheVerge likes this.
  8. Jenno

Jenno Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    Jenno
    Redstoncircuit has al lot of bugs and problems

9. Deniel

Deniel Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    DenielWorld
    @Jenno what makes you think other implementations wouldn't have those problems?

10. Jenno

Jenno Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    Jenno
    Fixing them

11. Deniel

Deniel Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    DenielWorld
    Don't you think if it was so easy to fix them they would of been implemented by now? It's not like they are not implementing them because they don't want us to have more in-game features.

12. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Softwares aren't light bulbs. If some software doesn't work, you don't get it fixed by replacing it with something new.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.