1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

DevTools is not loading

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by the dood, Feb 6, 2017.

1. the dood

the dood Spider

Hello
    I stopped my server (commit f332d3647c98f98cb34f315cfe328e09f9a28d05) and checked DevTools out into my plugins folder

cd plugins/
    git clone https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-DevTools.git DevTools
    cd ..
    ./start.sh
    but the plugin is not being loaded and the makeplugin command is not available.

Any suggestions?

2. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

3. the dood

the dood Spider

[11:11:34] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft: PE server version v1.0.0.16
    [11:11:34] [Server thread/INFO]: This server is running PocketMine-MP version 1.6.2dev "Unleashed" (API 3.0.0-ALPHA3)

4. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

And here is the direct download link for the newest version of devtools for API 3.0 ALPHA 2-3 for mcpe 1.0.0 https://poggit.pmmp.io/ci/pmmp/PocketMine-DevTools/PocketMine-DevTools/Dev:16 This should fix your problem the download link is in the bottom left hand corner. I think maybe it's upper left idk but it has a button somewhere XD then just place it in your plugins folder and restart your server

5. the dood

the dood Spider

I just checked out the latest code from github. Thanks, but I don't want a direct download. I prefer to keep things under control of git so I know what has changed.

6. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

Your welcome hope i was at least almost helpful ;)

7. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    You're trying to load the plugin from source without a folder plugin Loader enabled. Either install a compiled version of devtools or compile it yourself.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  8. the dood

the dood Spider

Aha. That makes sense. The ole chicken and the egg problem. Can you please remind me how to compile the phar file from the command line. Thanks.

9. the dood

the dood Spider

For posterity sake...I tried this:
    git clone https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-DevTools.git DevTools
    cd DevTools/
    /PocketMine-MP/bin/php7/bin/php -dphar.readonly=0 src/DevTools/ConsoleScript.php --make src/ --entry plugin.yml --out DevTools.phar

which produced a DevTools.phar file. I copied it into the plugins folder and restarted the PMMP server, but DevTools does not get loaded. I give up. So I downloaded the precompiled DevTools.phar which works. yay.

10. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Please use [CODE]put code here[/CODE]

11. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    I don't think the entry should be plugin.yml. The phar should just contain the plugin.yml at root and then src/ so maybe --make ./ will work?

12. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    I'm pretty sure the console script has the correct entry point by default if you're building DevTools.

13. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Oh yea, i forgot about the console script. @the dood you can try to use the console script!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.