1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Branching & push rules

Discussion in 'Contributing & RFCs' started by bpost2613, Nov 24, 2016.

1. bpost2613

bpost2613 Creeper

Are there rules for branching and publishing the branches? I was thinking of creating a working branch to develop some AI and wanted to know if this was allowed.

Or are we to just branch locally and then push to master when we are ready for review?

Are their guidelines on how to contribute?

Brad

2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    You have to fork to create a branch. You can't magically push to the Also please note that it is unlieky that AI will be merged into pmmp right now.

3. bpost2613

bpost2613 Creeper

Okay, is there a work list of things that need doing for me to contribute then?

4. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    We are not working on AI yet because Mob AI would require very careful planning before we start working on it. Many spoons like Genisys have attempted to create mob AI but ended up working on ugly ones that cannot be maintained or extended easily, or end up getting laggy.
    If you don't want to waste time working on a branch that will never be merged, I think it is a good idea you discuss your approach with the team first, or by creating a branch containing proof of concept of your approach (i.e. try writing some mob AI from your approach, but no need to debug it or implement it fully, as long as a programmer can identify what you are trying to do).
    Everything that exists in a vanilla MCPE server but is not working in PocketMine.

5. bpost2613

bpost2613 Creeper

And how do I know what is a vanilla MCPE? Is there a reference wiki or sources?

6. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    Things like redstone, blocks since 0.15 and some before, weather, experience, mob AI, minecarts and some more are not yet implemented.

7. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    What is a vanilla MCPE? I refer to everything that you can see in a local multiplayer server.

8. bpost2613

bpost2613 Creeper

Okay, thanks. Is there any documentation on animal/creature sizes? I was looking through the wiki's and didn't see anything describing the sizes of the creatures but some of them are defined in the sources.

9. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    Count the pixels on the textures or go through the vanilla behaviour pack.

bpost2613 likes this.
  10. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    Mob AI is laggy. We should put it in an optional plugin or perhaps on pocketmine.yml

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.