1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

World selection GUI for multiworld sever.

Discussion in 'Requests' started by SDgrandmaster, Apr 28, 2020.

1. SDgrandmaster

SDgrandmaster Creeper

A little background, me kids and play Minecraft over a few personal devices(tablets/phone) and share a pc and a Nintedo Switch. The kids love to play droppers, adventure maps and share a creative world. I have a pc set up with BDS so that they can play on the Switch, but its a one at time set up I have to start up/change each time.
    I am trying to set up a server on a pc to act like a datebase with the following;
    *List the available worlds like the world list in game.
    *Load the selected world when clicked.
    *Save and return the the list when the world is exited.
    Basically mimic the in game, local set up.
    Being able to create new worlds from saved templates would be nice but not needed.
    My programming experience is limited to Microsoft VBA.
    Thanks in advance.

2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    PocketMine doesn't support redstone, command blocks and mobs, so your worlds probably wouldn't work with PocketMine anyways. If you really need a world switcher, you could have a pocketmine server with a plugin that, on selection, starts the corresponding bds and transfers the player to it

3. SDgrandmaster

SDgrandmaster Creeper

I am trying to avoid running multiple instances of a server.
    So as follow up, can a plugin, like Slapper, be set up to run a Windows BAT file?
    And if it can, is there a listener that can be set up to transfer the player after the new server is started?

Or maybe I can connect all through a tweaked NXMineNS or BedrockConnect....

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    You will need to make your own plugin that uses one of php's various methods for calling external binaries / command line sttuff.
    You could have some sort of supervisor that waits for the server to output the part that says it successfully started to the log or that tries connecting to it. However at that point it's probably not worth the effort.

Maybe you can setup a management console like Pterodactyl to ease the turning on and off (and if you really want to do the in-game way, it's probably easier to access its API from a plugin than making your own server manager)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.