1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

World Generator Help

Discussion in 'Help' started by HyperCoffee8142, Aug 31, 2017.

1. HyperCoffee8142

HyperCoffee8142 Spider

Hi,
    I've just set up my PocketMine server yesterday, version 1.6.2. I wanted to have an always-on server for my friends to play on at any time.

However, I am having problems with the world generator, more specifically that it always loads the exact same world regardless of what seed I enter into server.properties and pocketmine.yml.

EDIT: the world being loaded also seems like it came from v0.10 alpha, seeing as it only has plains, forest, snow biomes with no trees or grass, small patches of sand for deserts with no cacti, no jungles, and only an elliptical crater filled with water for an "ocean".

Is there any way I can fix this, or any plugin I can install that can let me use a better world generator?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    You are always getting the same world? I never heard of that problem. Try deleting the world completl in the saves world. You could also try to create multiple worlds using https://poggit.pmmp.io/p/Worlds/1.0.11 for example.

emlo40 likes this.
  3. HyperCoffee8142

HyperCoffee8142 Spider

I've tried that already, as well as deleting player data to assume a completely clean startup, but to no avail. I also tried creating multiple worlds via pocketmine.yml, still no improvements.

EDIT: Just created a new world using the plugin you linked. The server still generates the exact same world.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  4. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    That can't be right... just like in singleplayer, each new world is generated randomly (unless it's a flat world, of course). What are your world generator settings in server.properties?

5. HyperCoffee8142

HyperCoffee8142 Spider

It's just blank. I feel like I should put something there, but I'm not sure what.

6. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    That's really weird, I just set up a completely new server with everything up-to-date and can't reproduce it
    Blank should be fine.

7. HyperCoffee8142

HyperCoffee8142 Spider

Hmm, if this helps, I installed PocketMine from an EXE made here:
    http://forums.pocketmine.net/threads/pocketmine-1-6-php7-installer-windows.15493/

Then I updated the PocketMine-MP.phar to the latest dev build.

If I update the PMMP phar, do I have to update PHP along with it?

8. Rysieku

Rysieku Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    rysieku
    You don't have to

What pocketmine version you are running?
    Copy this what appears after server start.
    I mean by this pocketmine version.

9. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
  10. HyperCoffee8142

HyperCoffee8142 Spider

Just did a complete reinstall. No changes.

[Server thread/INFO]: This server is running PocketMine-MP 1.6.2dev+poggit.1507 「Unleashed」 implementing API version 3.0.0-ALPHA7 for Minecraft: PE v1.1.0.55 (protocol version 113)

11. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    for your edit, yes PMMP dont have good vanila feel world

12. HyperCoffee8142

HyperCoffee8142 Spider

Ah, as I expected. Is there any world generator plugin that exists that still work with API 3.0? As far as I could research the most recent plugins only worked for API 2 or older.

Alternatively, could I possibly import a pre-generated MCPE world into Pocketmine?

13. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Have you tried this one already? https://github.com/Ad5001/BetterGen

HyperCoffee8142 likes this.
  14. HyperCoffee8142

HyperCoffee8142 Spider

Haven't seen that one before. I guess I'll give it a try, thanks.

EDIT: Tried to install it but apparently it uses a newer API than the one on my server. As far as I can see on Jenkins the latest PMMP only supports API 3.0.0 alpha 7. Strange

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.