1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Working Armor And Enchants Compatiable With PureEntities

Discussion in 'Requests' started by ALLINSEO, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

im not sure if the enchanted items reduce damage in a defualt PMMP install but they do not reduce damage once PureEntities is installed

Armove gives 0 damage reduction without enchants and even with crazy numbers set to /enchant protection
    it still gives no reduction.

Request;
    Working armor that reduces damage when Mob's from the PureEntities AI attacks you.
    enchants that further increase damage reduction maybe a 1 to 100% ratio.
    example;
    /enchant protection 1 (1%)
    MAX ENCHANT
    /enchant protection 100 (100%)

2. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    you should report to PureEntities maybe they forget to calculate armor

3. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

I have not been able to test damage reduction on a default server with no plugins since monsters do not attack, does it normally function properly? is this only plugin base. there is attack power, must be defense power too

4. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Have you tried the kniffo80-dev branch? He likes to work ahead on some things, and maybe that could be implemented.

5. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

That's the version I'm currently working with.
    I think that either armor is not implemented in PMMP (No way to test mobs don't work properly)
    Or that armor implementation was overlooked in the plugin or an update broke it or something.

UPDATE;
    I found this plugin Armor Spawn Its a little old but if someone made a plugin to give new players armor, then im guessing armor must work in a default PMMP environment (pvp only maybe?)

Uses for request;
    I was thinking of making a PVE area, except unless you run around like crazy or pot up alot you will die rather quickly, adding certain level of protection gear depending on the room the person is in would be ideal.
    I think a 1-100% ratio would be best for enchantments, although I do not know how it will interfere will the effects already given by /enchant protect 1-100 (If Any)
    maybe another enchant would need to be added? /enchant p-percentage 1-100
    I was also thinking about pairing your plugin with this one in order to give players access to this gear, then simply taking away the OP gear when the person teleports out.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  6. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Armor is implemented just fine. It's enchantments that aren't in yet.

7. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

oh okay cool thats what I thought. well my issue is that monsters from the PureEntities AI do not get affected by the armors ability (even unenchanted) good to know it does work normally though.

8. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Actually, I don't believe armour damage is implemented yet.

9. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

Thats odd, so anyone doing anything with armor like armor spawn or pvp gear or something is using CUSTOM stuff?

it seems this is different from the Tree In PureEntities
    [​IMG]

It also seems that Monsters Get a Damage Reduction when wearing armor, in the Tree from PureEntities anyway

10. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    I meant that taking damage while wearing armour will not reduce its durability. Your armour will last forever.

11. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

I assume that means it does reduces damage normally but just does not degrade?
    Since there's a function to reduce damage already being used for monsters?
    Code:
    sendArmorUpdateToAllClients()

12. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Yes, it will reduce attack damage, it just won't decrease durability.

ALLINSEO likes this.
  13. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

Thanks for Clarification, @kniffo80 is working on implementing it for PureEntities and will update in near future.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.