1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Will Win10 Edition work to connect to PocketMine Server?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by andy.collette, Jan 22, 2017.

1. andy.collette

andy.collette Creeper

I've gotten my 2 young kids into Minecraft, and I figured out how to get PocketMine Server running at home so we can play together.
    We all currently use android devices.

I'm considering purchasing MineCraft Win 10 Edition ($9.99 currently) so I could also play with them on a larger screen.

However, I'm not confident it will work with the server.
    The Trial version doesn't appear to allow multiplayer, so it's a prety worthless trial for me......

Hopefully somebody can answer my question
    Server Details:
    Minecraft: PE server version v0.16.0.5 alpha
    This server is running PocketMine-MP version 1.6.1dev "Unleashed" (API 2.1.0)
    .Phar is: PocketMine-MP_1.6.1dev-150_39c3b16e_2.1.0.phar

The version of the android MCPE app we use is 0.16.2.2

With the above information, if I purchase the MineCraft Windows 10 Edition, will I be able to play on the same server?

If any other details are required please let me know.

Thanks!

2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    As you will buy the mcpe version 1.0.x as the win10 edition, you need to update your server. You can still play with the android devices, if you also update them to 1.0.x [free if already bought]. A 1.0.x phar should be available from https://jenkins.pmmp.io, but the hosting provider seems to think he has to delete everything, so I quickly made a phar for you (commit b22232730ef6fa50f1cce2e3c5fe488118d01df3 branch mcpe-1.0).

andy.collette and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  3. andy.collette

andy.collette Creeper

thanks so much Robske, is there anyway to get a new phar with updates since jan?

feel free to link me to how to do it myself if it's something i could do.

thanks again!

4. Radl25

Radl25 Creeper

GitHub:
    Radl25
    Hi there,

first of all, hello to this community! :) This is my first post here and I am sorry for my bad english :p ...coming from the Alps in Austria :)
    i have a similar situation. My kid is in school and all of his friends started with minecraft. Mostly Win 10 Edition.
    So i wanted to be a nice daddy and ordered a raspberry pi 3 to set up a small server so he can tell his friends in school that they can join this session. Now he told me yesterday that he loves this redstone creations and after a research here I had read that there are no mobs and redstone projects possible with the pocketmine server software... Is this really true or am i wrong?

Thank you a lot!

5. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    Yes, currently there's no mob or redstone(yet...)
    it would probably take some time for PMMP devs to finish catching up with MCPE since they have been rolling updates like no one's business

Radl25 likes this.
  6. Radl25

Radl25 Creeper

GitHub:
    Radl25
    thank you for your help!...so the MCPE/WIN10 developers roll out updates far too frequently so that it is very hard for the PMMP devs....i understand...
    Is there also a limitation (CPU or RAM wise) on the rasppberry 3 when complex redstone struktures and mob movements have to be synchronised on multiple devices or do you think this is not a problem?

7. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    Having them synchronised across clients would be the least of my worries, we're talking about PHP server software here. Implementing all these features will only degrade the current (bad) performance even more.

Radl25, HimbeersaftLP and jasonwynn10 like this.
  8. Radl25

Radl25 Creeper

GitHub:
    Radl25
    I am sorry to ask such nooby questions. I hope you dont mind this...
    Do you mean the performance of the raspberry itself or the current state of the PHP software?
    I just got the raspberry by post and i am not sure if i should return it and wait a little until there is another solution for this project...
    I just didn´t like the idea of the Realms Server...a friend of mine had a MC server for the Java Version years ago and this worked pretty well...but now a lot of young jump on the C++ Version and so I found some useful totorials of the pi and pocketmine so a ordered this little machine. But now it loks like this project is not that stable on a rapberry... Do you think it is worth the wait or do you think this project will fail on a pi?

9. Leselampe

Leselampe Spider Jockey

o/

I have the same issue here. The kids would like to do some redstone and commandblock stuff and also the nether (i will post a question about that in a different topic).
    For mobs i have installed https://github.com/RevivalPMMP/PureEntitiesX. This works fine (not perfect). After some adjustment not to spawn enderman and so on in the normal world it seems to be good enough for the kids.

cu
    Thomas

10. Tester_master

Tester_master Silverfish

you need to port forward unless your on the same internet connection port forwarding is dangerous

11. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    The PocketMine-MP project will work on a pi, but it would be better if it had a better CPU and more RAM like a normal computer. Though the software is under heavy development, I believe it would be worth the wait because once the major changes are made and the software is rewritten, it will be much easier to add features such as redstone. Entities will also be easier after a new entity concept is implemented. Currently, PureEntitiesX is the best mob AI plugin out.

12. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    port forward in it's self is not dangerous by definition
    like the eternal blue and double pulsar incident is because business corporations exposes their KNOW/the news already hit vulnerable devices out in the wild unpatched
    it's only dangerous WHEN the news already hit and you still decided not to patch it
    And having it airgap-ed is best meaning that device cannot connect to anything so they cant propagate through LAN for example

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.