1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Will PocketMine be replaced?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by XdmingXD, Apr 6, 2017.

?

P or N

1. PocketMine

91.7%
  2. NXXkit

8.3%
  1. XdmingXD

XdmingXD Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    xdmingxd
    Hello I have recently heard about NXXkit(new software for hosting pe server)
    I know i am very late :p cus I just came back to mcpe server
    NXXkit is not super popular but a lot of ppl saying that pocketmine is buugy and rather switch to NXXkit
    Also,as you know NXXkit is a java program so to create plugins you need to create it with Java instead of PHP
    Here are the problems :
    1. I haven't really learn all the API of pocketmine = =
    2. Java's coding method is way different from PHP(like not $ but var,int,char,array etc.)
    3. I have to learn the new API of NXXkit again...

Will PocketMine be replaced by NXXkit? I am kinda worry :p

2. [deleted]

[deleted] Guest

Dktapps is hard-working on Pocketmine. Pocketmine cant promise you anything but at least dktapps try his best.

3. XdmingXD

XdmingXD Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    xdmingxd
    I know XD
    Just want to see people's opinion about NXXkit
    I am the biggest fans of PocketMine =)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  4. [deleted]

[deleted] Guest

Hmm I dont know. Im more familiar with Pocketmine but Im learning Java.

5. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    My experience tells me that java sometimes uses more RAM, which then reminds me about the very low amount of RAM my server has. If I'm not wrong I'd stay with PocketMine because of that.
    Also I'm sure dktapps will fix many bugs and make PocketMine stable.

6. moska

moska Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    supermaxalex
    Java uses more RAM, and PHP uses more CPU, that's true ? (Please correct me if I'm wrong lol)

7. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Nukkit is primarily a "translated" version of PocketMine. Not really much creativity as a separate project. I'd rather call it a spoon.

If we're really looking for a change, I'd rather see a software that is no longer trapped with PocketMine's ugly design.
    Sadly, hardworking-ness doesn't really mean anything for others...
    A large extent of Nukkit API is similar to PocketMine. All programming languages are more or less the same in the nutshell if you truly understand the principles of programming.
    Let's see what the best chef can do on a stove with no rice... (巧婦難為無米之炊) (referring to the limitations of PHP)
    Not sure about the RAM, but I'm sure Java has better memory management than PHP when it comes to large structured data, including worlds. There should be little difference if code was written correctly.

8. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    @Tux started working on a server software called Voxelwind, but later abandoned it. I think thats that best attempt so far.

9. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Yeah, VoxelWind was a good attempt. I also saw another good attempt called Nyx, which was abandoned too. It didn't have much code, but it had a good network structure design (see the network package documentation in specific). And I think it was good because... boredphoton, the guy who designed it, had a relationship with me as close as that of PEMapModder with me. How close? You bet. :p

10. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    Yes, it will, no dont ask me when or by what the oracle, i know nothing
    Eventually it will be replaced, weather you see it coming or not, you will know it when it has happen, no one knows by what only these in the near future or once it has happen can tell
    Maybe like someone in the past thinking riding horses as a transport is a good transport, but soon time will tell it how wrong that idea is, now: present we are using transport with cars, who knows what future we will holds? flying cars? Quantum suicidal teleporters? or something we never even knew or see it coming until it has happen?
    Because of the nature of how humans will slowly be better at things and make better things to replace now not so good things, maybe it should be a law that everything eventually will get replaced
    To answer your title, Yes it will
    To answer the poll: none, you cant just jot down 2 options and expect the future to be in one of your option
    You may throw a coin and expect it to either hand on head or tails, but what if it slipped off or get lost, it's not impossible yet it's a less considered option, that's why i propose we shouldnt predict the future by options

11. moska

moska Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    supermaxalex
    Oki, thanks

12. NIIP99

NIIP99 Silverfish

GitHub:
    niip99
    A little off-topic
    But for sure,
    Mxxxxsoft is doing a great job with MCPE updates! Having a MCPE Update is always scarier than watching Annabelle.
    Back to the days where one MCPE update = one atomic bomb dropped into the Pocketmine (and maybe all MCPE Server) Community.

13. XdmingXD

XdmingXD Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    xdmingxd
    :D I am still a noob in programming
    Sometimes I can't understand the API in PocketMine
    Maybe I should finish my PHP tutorial (very hard , bad english)
    off topic
    Don't look down the power of nature :D

14. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    Nukkit does not represent Java. It's soo slow actually, I had high hopes from it.

Writing the same code in Java doesn't promise you performance, it's just someone who started up a mob psychology that PocketMine would work faster if it were to be written in Java - no doubt it could be possible, that doesn't mean rewriting the same PocketMine code but in Java will immensely boost the performance, easily handle 500 players etc. as other people think it that way :facepalm:

PHP might be slow, but it's not the slowest. Looks like everyone wants to compare everything with PHP 5 for some reason. It's faster than Python, but that doesn't mean it is impossible to code a server software in Python that could be faster than one in PHP.

If you want to see an actual MCPE server software written in *Java*, they way everyone defines it, you are....um late. I don't know how many people know about this, but back in 2015, someone had created RedstoneLamp MCPE server software. It didn't feature all the blocks and items but was super fast. Sadly, it had been abandoned just like the rest of the server softwares. I can't even find the GitHub repository.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  15. XdmingXD

XdmingXD Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    xdmingxd
    Yeah just like elytra
    a lot of people still working on it

16. NIIP99

NIIP99 Silverfish

GitHub:
    niip99
    Elytra is not really an issue.

Back in the days, it's a huge chaos at PocketMine for MCPE to update. Those Protocol changes, Shog Chips is leaving, PocketMine is falling, everything on MCPE is basically not working.
    We all The Old Man can feel that pain

17. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    I remember RedstoneLamp! I was really sad when it was abandoned too, I really had high hopes for it :(
    It's original Github repository was deleted.

18. XdmingXD

XdmingXD Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    xdmingxd
    I am the man just after that issue was sovled :D I remeber I joined at 29th July,2016
    API was still at 2.0.0 or 1.13.0 (don't really remember) and the forum in PocketMine was dead mostly and PHP7 came
    Btw whats Protocal is and why Shog Chips leave about that?

19. XdmingXD

XdmingXD Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    xdmingxd
    Omg You guys have join very early!
    Maybe some PocketMine history? XD

20. NIIP99

NIIP99 Silverfish

GitHub:
    niip99
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.