1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Who is the best host

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by torudro, Jun 22, 2017.

1. torudro

torudro Creeper

What is the best host if I have like 50 plugins and have around 100-200 players??

2. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    InspectorGadget
    Don't waste money on buying it from server host! Use the money to host one yourself instead by purchasing a VPS..

3. torudro

torudro Creeper

I was thinking of something from OVH which is a pretty good host. What specs are needed to host 50 plugins and 200 players

4. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    InspectorGadget
    I think @Awzaw is the best guy for u to consult on this :)

5. torudro

torudro Creeper

6. RyanIsBack

RyanIsBack Spider

7. Thouv

Thouv Slime

GitHub:
    adeynes
    200 players on at once? I'd say at least 16-32 GB RAM. Go for a dedicated server if you have that many players, OVH has a nice 32 GB dedi server for $75/mo, which is dirty cheap if you compare it to other hosts like DigitalOcean.

8. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    16 - 32 GB RAM is honestly way more than required. Back in the old days, I used to run a server with sometimes over 100 players at once, with only 512 MB RAM. It was a plan for 5 players and I installed a plugin to allow unlimited players. Sure it wasn't really ideal, but it actually worked. Don't judge me, I had no knowledge about any of this back then. RAM isn't all that important, look for a good CPU instead.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  9. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Yes a dedicated server would definitely be better for that high amounts of RAM.

10. Irish

Irish Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    irishpacks
    Pocketmine doesn't use as much RAM as you would think. The CPU is what counts most. Focus on clock speed, not on the number of cores. :p

11. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    I know that, but he said he was using 16-32 GB.

12. torudro

torudro Creeper

so with 200 players and 50-100 plugins, 24 gb and a 3ghz cpu would be good?

13. Thouv

Thouv Slime

GitHub:
    adeynes
    Yes, you might need to upgrade your CPU if you get more players though. But it should be enough

14. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    You won't need 24gb for just 200 players.

15. Thouv

Thouv Slime

GitHub:
    adeynes
    He asked if it was good. And I said yes, because yes, 24 GB is good enough for 200 players. Maybe a little overkill, but his player base will grow over time, and in the end he might need the 24 GB. Also, he might want/need to host other things on there, maybe a forum, a website, etc. Anyways, it's better to have too much RAM than not enough.

16. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    That's a good point.

17. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    200 players is a bad idea. This is a not very well optimized server software in PHP, which impacts on performance. Also, the new 1.1 update batches every packet, which is really slow.

In the past ive had 90 players and ive had to cap it at that or it becomes unbearable.

18. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    [LIKE="TheDiamondYT, post: 29135, member: 622"]200 players is a bad idea. This is a not very well optimized server software in PHP, which impacts on performance. Also, the new 1.1 update batches every packet, which is really slow.

In the past ive had 90 players and ive had to cap it at that or it becomes unbearable.[/LIKE]

19. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    Well that's one way to do it. /like

20. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    It's also what @HimbeersaftLP does

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.