1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

What was your first Pocketmine project/plugin?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by max1245, Feb 23, 2021.

1. max1245

max1245 Spider

Hi! I learned php the last month aand now i feel ready to start with pocketmine plugins :)
    I have a lot ideas for new game modes but at first i need some experience. What was your first project/plugin? Or what was the one where you learned the most?

2. minijaham

minijaham Skeleton

GitHub:
    minijaham
    I was messing around with PocketMine-MP first. I was extending every file I could and modifying PMMP’s Source code to furthest I could.

This really helps in making future plugins. I learned a ton about PMMP’s general functionality.

If you want to start simple, I recommend starting with something that people would need the most!

3. GeistFan

GeistFan Slime

GitHub:
    GeistFan
    My first plugin has disabled the join and leave messages.

4. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

i made no void
    PHP:
    if ($player->$player->teleport($player->getLevel()->getSafeSpawn());
    Worked flawlessly and that inspired me to continue. I'm because of that, a web developer. Mostly doing php, sadly no pocketmine stuff. That was 6 years ago iirc

5. minijaham

minijaham Skeleton

GitHub:
    minijaham
    How come you're still so good :eek:

6. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Practice makes perfect, I'm no where near perfect, but on the right path.

There is this thing called Dunning–Kruger effect. In summary, the less you know, the more you think you know. I'm happy that you're affected by it in the positive way.

Also, I'm paid to be coding, so my livelihood depends on how I perform :D

EdwardHamHam and minijaham like this.
  7. Angel

Angel Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    aimjel
    my first plugin was custom enchantments and the one I learned the most was making a crate key plugin with GUIs. All that was 5 years ago :( Now I mostly focus on discord bots using discord.js

Primus likes this.
  8. Axon

Axon Zombie

My first plugin was "Hello World!", then 'Sudo". xd

Agent likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.