1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

What has happened on Pocketmine in the last four years?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Legomite, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Legomite

Legomite Creeper

GitHub:
    legomite
    I use to be an active member in the Pocketmine community but I gradually left it. I believe this is my first post on the new forums and I want to get back into Pocketmine servers. If anybody is willing to provide a history of what has happened and what has changed in Pocketmine over the past few years that’d be great!

2. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i think i seen you before, and welcome back!
    Things change, you should also try to provide when you left as in events etc

Pocketmine will be referred as PM
    the new pocketmine will be referred as PMMP

the very short version is back in times of PM,
    shoghic got hired by mojang thus can nolonger work on PM
    after some time dylan decided to takeover the development, and also creating PMMP due to the limited access of PM related things
    which explains why we are now on this forum

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  3. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    To add, PM has adapted from supporting Minecraft PE to supporting Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, so basically any major system(Except PS4) can play together on PMMP servers. Bedrock Edition is much more similar to the Java Edition than PE used to be to the PC edition, so most of the things servers could do with Bukkit are much more accessible with PocketMine than they used to be. dktapps has led pretty much all development for quite a while now. You may have seen the new Plugins tab, which takes you to Poggit. It's slightly similar to the plugin section on the old forums, but it also houses CI and is oriented more for the developers rather than just the users.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  4. Legomite

Legomite Creeper

GitHub:
    legomite
    Thank you! While I was having trouble finding the new Pocketmine as I wasn’t accustomed to the PMMP name. Your explanation helps a lot.

I’ve noticed that the Better Together update made Pocketmine more important in the Minecraft world, and I also noticed that user authentication is handled by Xbox Live now. While I’m still not a fan of Xbox Live integration, I’ve gotta say I’m thankful there’s no more need for typing passwords on every login :D

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.