1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

What Brought You To Pocketmine?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Magicode, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    How did you come to join the Pocketmine forums? Post Below!

I came to join when I saw the turmoil after Shogi left. I had watched the forums, but had always been able to search up my questions (and saw that they had already been asked, COUGH COUGH) and get answers. But seeing iamadpond 's post about reviving the community finally pushed me to join.

I was hosting a small server on my Raspberry Pi for my friends at the time :)

2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Well, I am here for tooling (TM).
    Although I joined the old forums at Feb 26, 2014, counting 607posts (Never actually read that count until now), I was using PM some months before the join. http://forums.pocketmine.net/members/tim-robske-büba.7657/
    But now let's rewind to the beginning.
    The first thing I can list is that I uploaded a video where I was playing MCPE in 2012 on youtube. That's the only reason I can remember this far back, and I know I played MCPC before MCPE.
    Well, then there was a long pause until somewhen in early 2014 or late 2013 where I discovered Pocketmine by accident. I quickly set up a server. I basically knew how that worked, I was hosting some MCPC servers for my friends since early 2012. I didn't even know the difference between Java and PHP, and probably also not that PM was written in PHP. 10.03.2014: I published a video about our now public server for people to play. This is the beginning of my server that runs since 2014 until now on the same IP. There were no major downtimes (over 1 month or so), although I always am fighting with small ones because I still host this server at my home. No costs FTW. Well, but I really have something to thank this project something big. It reunited me with programming. I did some C++ in 2012, but I abandoned it soon, after I programmed a Vocabulary trainer for windows. Why did I quit programming? Because that damn thing always had some low level access violation after exactly 10mins (Properly known as KERNEL SAYS SEGFAULT). I never found the error. (probably I didn't search for it properly though). But how did I get into programming again: I already had some plugins on my server and one of them was http://forums.pocketmine.net/plugins/signportal.175/. Well, it had some messages I wanted to change to German. Exactly when pmt.mcpe.me launched (almost on the day) I decided to give it a go. I unpacked the plugin, and knowing from my C++ experience there have to be those strings somewhere. And so I ended up translating strings in the main file. I phar-d it and it worked. From there on I slowly began to add more functionality, and finally program my own plugins for my server. Oops, this was supposed to only be about the join. But I just had to get this massive thanks to this project and the old community, which helped me learning plugin development or PHP/OOP with much patience on the old forums. Because without that, I probably wouldn't be able to have done so many awesome projects in my life.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. AngrySpiderFTW

AngrySpiderFTW Shog Chips

GitHub:
    AngrySpiderFTW
    I wanted an easy way to host a server (called CreeperCove btw) on PE and it took a few months but I found this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.