1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Upgrade for PE 1.0.5

Discussion in 'Help' started by Riley, Mar 29, 2017.

1. pullipuli

pullipuli Spider

what plugins you are running with it? Any chance PureEntitiesX one of them ? :)

2. WinterBuild7074

WinterBuild7074 Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    And what if they don't finish making PMMP for 1.0.5 before 1.0.6 comes out? Do I need to use the api3/network branch again?

3. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    The items and blocks aren't actually implemented, if they have some special function then chances are said function isn't implemented/working *yet*. The item and block data is automatically generated from vanilla and the api3/network branch now handles 'unknown' blocks and items meaning they will appear but may not function as expect.

Awzaw and EdwardHamHam like this.
  4. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    At your own risk... since you can't be sure there are no breaking changes for your plugins, you want to be using the api/network branch as Jack said. You can always find the latest .phar here: https://poggit.pmmp.io/ci/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/~

5. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    There is currently ongoing work on the api3/network branch. While it probably won't crash on you on the spot, any plugins that mess with packets will be broken.

Do note that api3/network is a work in progress and significant changes are yet to be made. That's why it hasn't been merged to master yet.

6. WinterBuild7074

WinterBuild7074 Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    Will PMMP finish it sometime/someday? That I can always use it? Even when a new MCPE update is out?

7. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Never ask for ETAs or you will always be let down

dktapps and EdwardHamHam like this.
  8. jasonwynn10

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    If someone wants a working version of PureEntitiesX, I have one that works with the latest network branch commit

9. pullipuli

pullipuli Spider

hello, could you pass me the link for PureEntitiesX?

10. pullipuli

pullipuli Spider

Hi jason, I saw a new checkin at poggit and I am using it now. Its seems working. Thank you for the notification.

11. TuxerP

TuxerP Silverfish

Can I have these link as well? Was using PureEntitiesX in theater master branch, but in the api3 branch it's not working anymore :-(

12. jasonwynn10

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    use the kniffo80-dev branch

13. Riley

Riley Spider

GitHub:
    rileytb
    I probably should just turn off auto updates on my device, but I have the same `outdated server` error after the update today.
    Just tried the latest .phar from the api3/network branch and it didn't help.
    What's the answer this time?

14. jasonwynn10

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    There isn't a version for 1.0.6 yet. Patience is the answer.

15. Riley

Riley Spider

GitHub:
    rileytb
    Figured. Just thought I'd ask.
    Is there any release cadence that they have for Minecraft PE? Seems kind of painful for the PocketMine devs to have these sudden updates breaking servers...

[Edit]: I guess my real question is, is the best way to avoid this to turn off auto update on my devices? Is it a common thing that these breaking updates happen often?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  16. TuxerP

TuxerP Silverfish

@jasonwynn10 thx for the pureentitiesx fix. Mobz are back again :)

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.