Unexpected freeze

Discussion in 'Help' started by dadodasyra, Sep 6, 2020.

1. dadodasyra

dadodasyra Witch

GitHub:
    dadodasyra
    My server freezes at random times, no similarity between freezes apart from a fairly large influx of players (peak attendance). I have the impression that it is only the main thread that is freezing because some rcon requests are still passing.

I looked at debug mode nothing similar, all connection packets are refused smoothly etc. The querys always indicate the number of players at the time of the freeze, the connections timed out for the client. No machine level problem, responding ssh etc, we can rule out the hypothesis of a ddos (machine at Hetzner with good anti ddos and the other servers would have the same concerns) unless it is pocketmine which is overloaded. Htop level during server freezes with the same load as when the freeze was triggered.

If anyone wants more info or has a guess, I'm interested. I have already modified pocketmine.yml quite a bit to resolve the problem, but it still hasn't been resolved. Here is my pocketmine.yml attached. Noted that my machine has 64gb ram and a physical 8 core I9 9900K. (dedicated machine)
    (100 players on average during freezes.)

Attached Files:

2. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Try inspect the cause using Timings. (/timings)

3. dadodasyra

dadodasyra Witch

GitHub:
    dadodasyra
    During the freeze the main thread is freeze, so it is impossible for me to execute commands.

4. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Execute the command before, and read it after the thread resumes.

5. dadodasyra

dadodasyra Witch

GitHub:
    dadodasyra
    I would like you to show some logic. Please.

6. dadodasyra

dadodasyra Witch

GitHub:
    dadodasyra
    When I tell you that the server is freezing it is because it does not move any more, not without a human going to kill it. And when you kill a program it will not keep its ram in memory.

7. yuko fuyutsuki

yuko fuyutsuki Slime

GitHub:
    fuyutsuki
    Including the possibility that the plugin would block the main thread, it would be impossible to pinpoint the problem with the current information alone...

8. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

My fault, I misunderstood when you said that it freezes at random times. Thinking it does that on random intervals and for random time span, that is, it keeps running afterwards.

9. dadodasyra

dadodasyra Witch

GitHub:
    dadodasyra
    This is my fault I didn't think about it

Regarding the fact that it is complicated to find the problem I totally agree besides I would not be there otherwise. If you want additional information I can provide them to you, personally I log any manual changes on my server and there was no modification between the beginning of the freezes and the moment when it did not happen to me, it started during the update of Pocketmine for 1.16, I was using a plugin which would therefore manage the 2 protocols, the problem arose before doing the update, so I removed the plugin and updated pocketmine, but the problem kept arriving.