1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Solved Unable to start pocketmine server. Php directory not found [Linux]

Discussion in 'Help' started by Brandenly, May 10, 2021.

1. Brandenly

Brandenly Creeper

Hey everyone, I was recently playing around with and testing a pocketmine server on my windows computer, however I wanted to try running it on a virtual machine running linux.
    • I deleted the entire server, as there had not been much configuration or anything.
    • I began the installation process as outlined HERE

After extracting PHP as directed, I get this error when attempt to run 'start.sh'.

[/SPOILER]
    Code:
    ./bin/php7/bin/php: error while loading shared libraries: libleveldb.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I used the latest Linux PHP Bundle provided HERE.

After I was unable to start the server, I found a thread saying that php may need to be compiled manually. When attempting to compile php manually I received this output:

Code:
    ./compile.sh -t linux64 -j 4 -f -u -g -l

[PocketMine] PHP compiler for Linux, MacOS and Android
    [INFO] Checking dependencies
    [ERROR] Please install "make"
    [ERROR] Please install "autoconf"
    [ERROR] Please install "automake"
    [ERROR] Please install "m4"
    [ERROR] Please install "bison"
    [ERROR] Please install "g++"
    [ERROR] Please install "git"
    [ERROR] Please install "cmake"
    [ERROR] Please install "re2c"
    [ERROR] Please install "libtool" or "libtool-bin"
    I also attempted the troubleshooting steps outlined HERE, however there was no luck.

Virtualization Software: VirtualBox
    Pocket-Mine Version: 3.19.1
    PHP Version: 7.4
    Plugins: N/A

I apologize if this information is not helpful, if additional information is needed to assist, I will happily provide that.

Thank you!

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is a potential issue, but the file on the virtual machine that houses all of the server files including the 'bin' directory is a shared file with the host computer.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Primus likes this.
  2. Brandenly

Brandenly Creeper

I removed the shared folder, and re-installed everything. It is working now.

Primus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.