1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

The next BIG BANG

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by QuiverlyRivalry, Nov 12, 2017.

1. QuiverlyRivalry

QuiverlyRivalry Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    I had this idea which can potentially bring back the thousands of players back to the PMMP community + more!
    We need some sort of scratch for pocketmine, just like Nukkit uses SCRAM to let noob coders make plugins easier. PocketMine needs some sort of equivalent. This will make a new wave of plugins.
    It will be easy to learn. Like block coding eg
    Block 1: Start
    Block 2: Load Messege
    Block 3: Command
    Block 3.2: Choose an event
    Block 4: Disable Messege
    Then the blocks would be transferred to pocketmine code

Did I just ask for something too hard who knows?

For more information check out SCRAMs

2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    EdwardHamHam likes this.
  3. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    tho i think the problem is people are bad in logic, not lack the ability to learn
    also PMMP have tons of classes, it would be quite complicated imo

4. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    If you have the logic of coding, it's much easier to type code.

5. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    But how will that "bring back the thousands of players"..
    *statistics*

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  6. HBIDamian

HBIDamian HBIDamian Staff Member

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    A PMMP version of https://developers.google.com/blockly:
    Pros:
    • It's a good idea to teach children the basics of coding any languange.
    • it would show the user what's behind the flashy click'n drag, so it would show them the coding that made the plugin.
    • It could POSSIBLY get more people to PocketMine.
    • If it works, it would be used by anyone who wishes to make a plugin but can't code it themselves.
    • make plugins with ease
    Cons:
    • It could be buggy.
    • The user might make a mistake and make bugs themselves. (Then here comes the spam of people complaining it won't work)
    • It would attract un-wanted attention.
    • If open-sourced, It would be recreated and stolen by people. (ahhemmm looking at you, рmt.mcpe.fun)
    • People might try upload the plugins to poggit. (I would immediately reject the plugin)
    • It might be too basic.

7. QuiverlyRivalry

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    it will add to the pmmp comunity

8. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    it can also attract people to consider learning PHP over that, since they now know the PMMP api via gui and they think they might enjoy coding without possible limitations, now they just need to learn PHP as the API part would be familiar enough for them
    anything could be buggy, depending on how well made it is, it's like saying you shouldn't build a building because it might collapse ignoring the fact that most things take tons of planning and work+calculation, tho it's not the end of the world because bugs can be easily fixed
    i agree but the fault lies in between the keyboard and the char, not much we could do but i don see problem teaching logics on development section, at least it's not stupid syntax errors again
    what's the concern? unless you come for fame and to be noticed, that honestly wouldnt matter too much, people still get to reap the benefit of the tools, and wouldn't ideal for cloners if you update it frequently enough, or just too complex(see poggit)
    tho there's concerns of people using outdated version of said tool because the user used an unofficial clone
    i see no problem with plugin made by a plugin generator, if it gets the job done, it should be allowed to pass, meaning it meets all standard plugin requirements, and aim to serve something useful for everyone(not something basic for your own use)
    i think all plugins should be judged equally, regardless of how they are created
    I agree, because most times if you know how to code, you are 100% better off use your trusty notepad/ide/pen&paper because of the limitations of the GUI denying advance usages, because it wouldnt be easy to program everything PHP can done into codeblocks+also incorporate PMMP api blocks

9. QuiverlyRivalry

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    But.
    If a new guy comes wants to make a plugin he can use the maker. Then he gets plugin
    He can't make the best plugins ever but.it gets the job done
    Later it might motivate him to learn PHP to make.his own plugin

10. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    How? Why would it?

11. QuiverlyRivalry

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    More developers :D, more people learning block code, then moving on to pmmp

12. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    There isn't any guarantee of that happening though. PocketMine has a lot of API. Also, the project would be extremely difficult to maintain with so many API changes happening right now. It seems like it would just be better to teach rookies how to build plugin scripts or actual plugins instead of creating more software to translate block code

13. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    You are overexaggerating the advantages. Moving blocks around is just an alternative for illiterates. You need the same logic to write a plugin.

Much less submitting the plugins to Poggit. Any plugins that can be generated would either be too simple or too specific to be released on Poggit. For example, can you imagine a world edit plugin to be generated with a plugin generator? (Of course, if the plugin generator supports it, yes, but then it's the plugin generator not the plugin itself)

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.