1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Announcement Status on 1.13 (2019-10-30)

Discussion in 'News' started by dktapps, Oct 30, 2019.

1. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Are symbols gone?
    As some users hoped, the BDS continues to have debugging symbols.
    The Minecraft 1.13 client does not have symbols.

This means we have experienced a significant setback in terms of ability to deal with updates. Having no symbols on the client means we lose half of the information needed to reverse engineer the protocol, in addition to rendering us incapable of debugging crashes.
    However, having BDS symbols means that the workload to update will not be as large as feared.

Symbols don't magically make it OK
    I have seen a lot of "we're saved" reactions from the community on learning this news. This is foolish, because there is still a lot of work to do to deliver this update, regardless of the presence of debugging symbols, and there are very few people around to do this work.
    In addition, many tools that I and other server developers depended on are now broken thanks to the removal of client symbols, which means time will be needed to replace those tools.

So why hasn't PocketMine-MP updated yet?
    I am currently in no position to deliver an update due to a lack of capable hardware. This means that there will be no timely update to save your bacon.

My circumstances impacting development
    Due to changes in my personal circumstances in recent months, my PC is no longer sufficient for maintaining PM development because I am away from home too much of the time. This has been having an impact on development for several months.

At the start of September, I sold my PC with intent to buy a laptop, but I still do not have the funds required.

TL;DR: I will not be able to deliver an update until I can get to a machine capable of performing the tasks needed to make an update happen.

Bottom line
    You're not out of the woods yet.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    iksaku, EnteMomo, isoz and 6 others like this.
  2. ManiakMCPE

ManiakMCPE Spider

GitHub:
    maniakmcpe
    Make a Patreon for PMMP development. You deserve to get paid for the work you put in. I will personally donate if you create one or give out some sort of donation link.

3. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    We have one already. It's advertised on server start.

https://patreon.com/pocketminemp

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Fairuz, brokiem, SOFe and 3 others like this.
  4. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Setting the record straight

Some people have been giving me stick for asking for money. I want to make a few things absolutely clear for everyone.

• I did not ask for anyone's money. I merely provided donation links for people who asked me how they could help, and to displace lowlife scammers trying to impersonate me to get money out of people.
    • Anyone with the technical skills and motive could deliver this update. Sadly, few such people exist, and nobody seems to be volunteering to make this happen without me. It should be well known by now that I hate delivering updates. It would make my day if someone were to volunteer and save me the time and effort of dragging this pig out of the mud, regardless of whether I had the hardware or not.
    This thread was posted to give some clarity on the situation only.

5. neizv

neizv Creeper

-

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  6. madhon

madhon Creeper

GitHub:
    mad-hon
    I suggest to support the future of PMMP:
    1. Always refuse to update your copy of Minecraft client until PMMP for the new version is available
    2. Write feedback to Mojang/Microsoft they need to officially support PMMP development because it drives their sales. Advise them to check how the installbase of new client version relates to PMMP version.

brokiem likes this.
  7. neizv

neizv Creeper

Unfortunately Microsoft gives them a fuck about us, if they started selling skins and a similar thing, and completely imposed their services, nothing will help, but there are so many updates .. Players simply do not have the opportunity to play on our servers, because something is constantly being updated It used to be stable and now unrealistic. Players are divided into many versions

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  8. EnteMomo

EnteMomo Silverfish

GitHub:
    Joshiiiii
    Please make higher Patreon Support Triers. It's unfair that we earn so much money with your help, while you earn almost nothing with your work.

EdwardHamHam and SleepSpace9 like this.
  9. 8675309

8675309 Spider

I understand why they removed debugging symbols, I just wonder if it was possible since you have a leg in at mojang to pry a client with debugging symbols for your own personal use. just thinking out loud...

Anyway, how do I tell microcrap not to update my client automatically?

10. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    How do you understand? It's not understandable because the bedrock team is removing symbols while the Java team is adding them. Mojang is forcing their cross-play platform to use their 'modding api' while java is encouraging normal modding. It's such a strange decision. The hand isn't doing what the head is telling it.

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  11. xParadiant

xParadiant Creeper

Unfortunate, looks like I won't be updating for a while.

12. SkyZone

SkyZone Slime

Its possible for you to choose how much you want to donate on patreon.

13. 8675309

8675309 Spider

Dk mentioned in one of his post that this move was to help stamp out hackers by making their work harder. If true that’s understandable regardless if misguided. That is all.

14. TimKunGz

TimKunGz Creeper

GitHub:
    TimKunGz
    i will support you on petreon.

15. CupidonSauce173

CupidonSauce173 Zombie

GitHub:
    cupidonsauce173
    Because Microsoft is like that. The Bedrock edition has been remade by Microsoft while the java edition stay the same old one. In my very own understanding of the situation, basically these (Java / Bedrock) projects has been started on different company philosophy. Microsoft is pro closed code while Mojan was open for any kind of modding. Plus, there was never complex / developed mods for Bedrock Edition and there is also less players, closing the code of Java Edition and removing all tools would be a disaster for Microsoft, they would be hated by millions of players while Bedrock doesn't represent a "big enough" part of the Minecraft community to make them care. So they do whatever they want and a few devs will complain but they don't care. Which is still bad but yeah. For me there is nothing weird in their choices.

TheNewHEROBRINE and EdwardHamHam like this.
  16. bob177

bob177 Creeper

GitHub:
    montoyastudios
    I would like to say Mojang purposely removed the Debug Symbols so it dose not make it easier for hackers to change the in-game content. So yea so i will give you some support and have a good day.

17. bob177

bob177 Creeper

GitHub:
    montoyastudios
    i dont think it is the problem its that Mojang and Microsoft dont want hackers to easily hack into game system and add random content. So the debug symbols on java are less of an concern than on Bedrock edition because you don't use Xbox live on java only pe so it also gives Microsoft a risk of being hacked.

18. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    getting anything at all from mojang is like getting blood out of a rock

jasonwynn10 and Mr174 like this.
  19. Destroyer57

Destroyer57 Zombie

As far as i remember on mcpe 0.7.0 pocketmine was officialy supported by pocketmine. I dont know if its 100% correct

20. yuko fuyutsuki

yuko fuyutsuki Slime

GitHub:
    fuyutsuki
    TL;DR

So... #BlameMojang

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.