1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Socialspy

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Patrycy04, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Patrycy04

Patrycy04 Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    Patrycy04
    Hey i need socialspy plugin this is something like i see whats people writing in /ms g

Matthew likes this.
  2. Matthew

Matthew Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    matthww
    Short description:

SocialSpy plugin
    what does it do?
    Are you tired of logging into the console every time you want to see what commands your players are executing? Fed up of people talking about you behind your back? Well, we have the plugin for you! SocialSpy allows you to see exactly what commands your players are using, when they use them, and look at console messages in-game.

features
    • allows you to see what commands other players are using
    • allows you to see the console output
    • allows you to change the colour all SocialSpy messages are sent to you
    • fully toggleable - can be disabled and enabled
    • comes with permissions
    • shows nicknames from other plugins (e.g. Essentials)
    • runs completely on sqlite, no mysql needed

applqpak likes this.
  3. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

I'm not sure if I wanted to type a password in chat on server using this kind of plugin :eek:

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    I thought the same xD

Dog2puppy, applqpak and Primus like this.
  5. Patrycy04

Patrycy04 Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    Patrycy04
    No i think about to see what player write on /msg only this in game not console

6. Matthew

Matthew Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    matthww
    And what if it's only for /tell and such

7. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Not advertisement (where the "not" is the same meaning of that in notpocketmine.tk): HereAuth tries to cancel the PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent at the lowest priority(earliest), and deletes the password from the event ss soon as it is confirmed to be a potential password or if it matches the password. A plugin like the requested one should be at the MONITOR priority, which runs the last (so that it ignores all cancelled events and uses the final data passed to the event caller).

HimbeersaftLP and Primus like this.
  8. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    well what if the monitoring plugin uses priority HIGHEST? or whatever is the highest priority no i dont understand priorities that are documented on PHPdoc or what if we just hack the PM to call a redonly ChatSendEvent which can be listen on the chat "logger" plugin

but what if we take a step back to monitoring passwords and yes i am bit uncomfortable with it but as a plugin developer i know it is possible as a fact so i use different passwords for most servers

but then what if we go back to someone trying to help OP's poorly descripted request of a plugin with the name social spy i think you misunderstand what op want [maybe me too]

what if OP just want a simple plugin that listen on /tell /m etc like a private conversation spying plugin just like what PM mods can do, listen to conversations and resist the urge to join/interrupt

but what if everyone can just give full and clear description of what plugins
    maybe this post wont exist and i dont have to write this long paragraph of post in the first place using what if(s)

9. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    The higher the priority, the later it is run because the more likely you have say to what happens finally. PEMapModder has argued with :shoghi: many times about this, so let's not argue about this anymore.

If a monitoring plugin uses the LOWEST priority (then it has random chance of running earlier than HereAuth handler), there is no otherwise solution. But that plugin should use MONITOR priority, and actually should also ignore cancelled events. Even if using default values (priority NORMAL, ignoreCancelled false), HereAuth still runs before it. Of course we can use DataPacketSendEvent and block MessagePacket (need to block command packet too as of 0.16), but it is a pointless attempt since it can be as simple as modifying the HereAuth plugin to not hash passwords.

HimbeersaftLP and Thunder33345 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.