1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

SimpleAuth not working

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by User2016, Nov 15, 2016.

1. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    What are the impacts if only something like Google Authenticator is used as the single method of authentication? Apart from your phone being stolen, is there any concern?

2. User2016

User2016 Spider

Well, i am using the HereAuth now. It may have some security holes, but together with the whitelist it is sufficient to me. And it is very easy for the kids to handle. And this is no public server :)

3. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    It doesn't have (known) security holes. There is only security concern when someone already hacked into your database, which is already bad enough.

4. User2016

User2016 Spider

Hmm, in that case someone would be behind any security barrier which would be bad enough :) Anyway. It works simple and fine :)

5. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    Honestly I never really played Minecraft so I may need a citation here but correct me if I am wrong, if you connect to a server then change app to the google authenticator, in the time it takes to copy or memorize the code, won't you have timed out from the server on Minecraft?

6. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    From what I understand, Google authenticator codes can stay valid for quite a period for time correction, so it is possible to open it before joining a world.

I wonder why they don't make a notification/hover for opening a pop-up that shows the code.

7. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    This would solve so many issues and I'd totally add it to my authentication server project, 2FA has been on the roadmap for a long time but I just don't know how to best support it without users having a bad experience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.