1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Server works within LAN but not externally.

Discussion in 'Help' started by jaytango, Jan 23, 2019.

1. jaytango

jaytango Creeper

I'm trying to set up a server so my daughter can play together with her friend who lives across town. I've got the server running and we can all join it from within our own LAN. It shows up in the Friends tab. I went ahead and set up the port forwarding to my mac running the server but when I try to run a connection test using my phone on LTE (so I'm not on the same network) it can't connect. To rule out firewall or port forwarding issues, I added a port forward to my http server on the mac on port 8888 and I can view the site just fine on my phone on LTE. What could be preventing external connections to the pe server? Thanks!

2. jaytango

jaytango Creeper

I figured it out. For some reason the iphone didn't like port 19132. I switched the external port to 8080 and forwarded that to internal 19132 and that worked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.