1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Server constantly crashing every 3 hours.

Discussion in 'Help' started by Kabluinc, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

Every 3 hours or so the server crashes and this has been happening for weeks. The crash dump is below:

Code:
    Error: Out of memory (allocated 1088421888) (tried to allocate 4096 bytes)
    File: /src/pocketmine/level/Level
    Line: 1266
    Type: E_ERROR
    Code:
    [1257] $index = Level::blockHash($pos->x, $pos->y, $pos->z);
    [1258] if($cached and isset($this->blockCache[$index])){
    [1259] return $this->blockCache[$index];
    [1260] }elseif($pos->y >= 0 and $pos->y < $this->provider->getWorldHeight() and isset($this->chunks[$chunkIndex = Level::chunkHash($pos->x >> 4, $pos->z >> 4)])){
    [1261] $fullState = $this->chunks[$chunkIndex]->getFullBlock($pos->x & 0x0f, $pos->y & Level::Y_MASK, $pos->z & 0x0f);
    [1262] }else{
    [1263] $fullState = 0;
    [1264] }
    [1265]
    [1266] $block = clone $this->blockStates[$fullState & 0xfff];
    [1267]
    [1268] $block->x = $pos->x;
    [1269] $block->y = $pos->y;
    [1270] $block->z = $pos->z;
    [1271] $block->level = $this;
    [1272]
    [1273] return $this->blockCache[$index] = $block;
    [1274] }
    [1275]
    [1276] public function updateAllLight(Vector3 $pos){
    Backtrace:
    #0 (): pocketmine\Server->crashDump(boolean)
    Problem is idk what could be causing it and what sort of code in a plugin would be causing it. I'm suspecting a TurfWars plugin that sets ground blocks to be causing it but I have no idea for sure.
    Please help

2. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i think the garbage collector or something failed causing you to cras out of memory

3. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

the same crash is happening continuously. Iv tried removing the turf wars plugin just incase it was caused by that but iyll let you know what happens

4. BFM

BFM Creeper

Try go Pocketmine.yml and find main-hard-limit.
    Set it to 0 to disable it.

5. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

The server crashes very randomly. sometimes with only 400MB memory usage, sometimes 800 so theres no way it could be physically running out of memory. All memory limits are set to 0 in pocketmine.yml

6. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    removing the limit will just get killed for taking too much ram

7. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Do you have old worlds, worlds that were converted, worlds that were modified by plugins? Did you try with only newly generated worlds?

8. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

Only 1 of 15 odd worlds I have (most not loaded) actually use PManvil. Main hubs and most worlds use MC Region or MCA. How can I convert these to PM Anvil?

9. Awzaw

GitHub:
    awzaw
    I haven't seen this kind of error for a while; it did happen to me regularly for a short period some months ago, I think it was something to do with a plugin that either edited worlds or created entities. Sorry we can help more really unless you can reproduce it or figure out a pattern from the logs. Does you already try in debug mode?

10. Vaivez66

Vaivez66 Spider

GitHub:
    Vaivez66
    I've got the exact problem, with the exact crash dump. I haven't been able to find the cause of it, neither can I actually reproduce it. It happens rarely to me, but believe me, it's really annoying. Some people say that it only happens if you use a spoon, but for me, it happens on pmmp as well.

11. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Removing the limits is not a solution. It may get your system into a bad state, if the server decides to use alltheram.
    Are you sure you didn't set any limits? There are 1GB used here. and it tried to allocate a tiny bit more and hit some limit.

12. Tolo

Tolo Silverfish

GitHub:
    Tolo0
    lol why are u letting ur server run for 3 hours straight. Use a reboot plugin and make it reboot every 30 min.

13. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    That should not be needed. 3 hours should DEFINITELY be possible.

14. Tolo

Tolo Silverfish

GitHub:
    Tolo0
    But i think that's the problem. i experienced this a couple of times. a server with loads of plugins and worlds gets really laggy and cant cope after so long. the memory hits its limit and force closes the server.

15. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

before this issue, the server would run fine for upto 1 and a half days without a single restart or crash (never exceeded 1GB) but now its crashing every 1-2 hours sometimes even every 30 mins. server suddenly freezes and crashes with that crashdump. sometimes its so worse that it keeps crashing very often.

removed all recent plugins, still issue exsists.

Please fix this.

16. Awzaw

GitHub:
    awzaw
    You haven't even told anyone which version of PHP or PocketMine you are using; and removing your 'recent plugins' is not enough. Reproduce the error with no plugins and a new world, provide detailed information about your system, PHP and pocketmine installation, plus the full crash log... And maybe someone will be able to help. Without all that information the 'me too' comments don't really help either, since they might well be similar but completely unrelated issues.

Ishan Naik and robske_110 (Tim) like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.