1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Announcement [SECURITY] pmt.mcpe.me/insta security vulnerability

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by SOFe, Dec 10, 2016.

1. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    pmt.mcpe.me/insta has been discovered to have a vulnerability for attacks.

To prevent exploitation, I am not going to provide detailed information about the vulnerability. However, this vulnerability discovered cannot be exploited to do anything that is beneficial to anyone else in any ways, and barely harmful to yourself, and it is only slightly annoying when you find that you are affected.

As this project seems to have stopped development, there are no plans to fix it as it is not a serious problem. However, to protect your GitHub account, you are strongly encouraged to revoke any of your GitHub application authorizations to pmt.mcpe.me InstaPlugin.

To revoke the authorization, you can go to https://github.com/settings/applications, and look through every application to find one called "insta" (and ones that you don't know what they are if you have authorized other instances of pmt.mcpe.me), and click the Revoke button.

EdwardHamHam, Indexfire and Lambo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.