1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Running PocketMine-MP from Source

Discussion in 'Help' started by NickteeChunky, Jul 2, 2020.

1. NickteeChunky

NickteeChunky Witch

GitHub:
    nickteechunky
    Now judging by the title, I know what most people are going to say. If you don't know how, then don't bother or you shouldn't be changing source, but I still need help and I've followed all steps and did my best to understand everything. It's just for some reason I'm still running into very odd issues.

So, I've followed the "Building and running from source" documentation and did a ton of research yet I never reached what I'm looking for. I watched 2 very good videos I believe by Awzaw and since I'm on Windows, it was slightly difficult to replicate but I did some more research and copied every step one by one. I ran into a very weird issue where when I tried to run start.sh, it would instantaneously crash. I looked at many other forums and repeatedly tried yet I couldn't start my server. I'd either get the "PocketMine-MP.phar not found" when I ran start.cmd or would crash when I tried start.sh.

I'm still very confused, I'm sure there's something I'm missing or something I'm doing wrong. I found a thread with the same steps but just to do "composer install", and when I did that, a bunch of problems popped up due to missing extensions. I had PHP installed and for some reason it wouldn't detect the extensions. I was missing: pthreads, yaml and sockets

I put a few hours into just simple research and I'd really like a detailed explanation or possibly a procedure of what I and everyone else should be doing.

Thanks in advance.

2. NickteeChunky

NickteeChunky Witch

GitHub:
    nickteechunky
    Update: I've found a solution to what I was initially doing without having to change anything but I still want answers so my few hours of research don't completely go to waste.

If you have any information whatsoever, I'd really love to hear it.

Thanks.

3. wolfdale

wolfdale Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    diamond-gold
    Are you using the php provided by pmmp?
    Where did you get your source from?
    Do you have both src and vendor folders?
    Btw if you are on windows you should not be using start.sh

4. NickteeChunky

NickteeChunky Witch

GitHub:
    nickteechunky
    Yes.
    I git cloned it so I'd get its submodules.
    I only have the src file. Where do I get the vendor file?
    Then what should I be using?

Thank you so much for replying.

5. NickteeChunky

NickteeChunky Witch

GitHub:
    nickteechunky
  6. Levi

Levi Skeleton

GitHub:
    captainleviftw
    start.cmd

7. NickteeChunky

NickteeChunky Witch

GitHub:
    nickteechunky
    says pocketmine-mp phar not found

8. wolfdale

wolfdale Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    diamond-gold
    There should be a composer.bat in your bin directory, open a command prompt and type "composer.bat install"
    It would most likely ask if you want to use the composer.json it found, type yes
    after it is done you would have the vendor folder
    In order to start from source, you need some modifications to your start.cmd, for this I use this old start.cmd provided by pocketmine
    https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/blob/02ef0bfbb40442e4b03f6dc45c58510c49beb978/start.cmd

9. NickteeChunky

NickteeChunky Witch

GitHub:
    nickteechunky
    Worked. Thank you so much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.