1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Remote server on Win10 can't be connected to by Win10 clients

Discussion in 'Help' started by bc3tech, Nov 18, 2016.

1. bc3tech

bc3tech Spider

GitHub:
    bc3tech
    I've got a server hosted on the web that is running Windows 10. I have installed PM 1.4.1 (from the pocketmine.net homepage) and it launches and is "ready" w/o any (perceived) issues. However, when I try to connect to the server with the Windows 10 Pocket Edition Beta, it never connects to the server. In the server list, "locating..." just sits there and never resolves, and when I try to connect anyway it says "locating server..." and then goes to a blank screen w/ the brick background; never loading the actual terrain/world.

1. Install v1.4.1 on a **remote** Windows 10 PC
    2. Attempt to connect to the server with Windows 10 Pocket Edition Beta

OS and versions
    • PocketMine-MP: `PocketMine-MP version 1.4.1-980 「絶好(Zekkou)ケーキ(Cake)」 (Implementing API version 1.11.0 for Minecraft: PE v0.10.5 alpha protocol version 20)`
    • PHP: (from what i can tell this is embedded on PMMP for Windows in a `php` subfolder)
    Code:
    PS C:\Users\bc3tech\Downloads\PocketMine-MP\bin\php> .\php.exe -version
    PHP 5.6.6 (cli) (built: Feb 18 2015 16:02:19)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2015 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies
        with Zend OPcache v7.0.4-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2015, by Zend Technologies
        with Xdebug v2.2.6, Copyright (c) 2002-2014, by Derick Rethans

Output from server console:
    Code:
    12:43:46 [INFO] Starting Minecraft: PE server version v0.10.5 alpha
    12:43:46 [INFO] Loading pocketmine.yml...
    12:43:46 [INFO] Loading server properties...
    12:43:46 [INFO] Starting remote control listener
    12:43:46 [INFO] RCON running on 0.0.0.0:19132
    12:43:46 [INFO] Starting Minecraft PE server on 0.0.0.0:19132
    12:43:46 [INFO] This server is running PocketMine-MP version 1.4.1-980 "絶好(Zekkou)ケーキ(Cake)" (API 1.11.0)
    12:43:46 [INFO] PocketMine-MP is distributed under the LGPL License
    12:43:48 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    12:43:48 [INFO] Starting GS4 status listener
    12:43:48 [INFO] Setting query port to 19132
    12:43:48 [INFO] Query running on 0.0.0.0:19132
    12:43:48 [INFO] Default game type: CREATIVE
    12:43:48 [INFO] Done (3.321s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    Minecraft view:
    [​IMG]

When I then close Minecraft (because there's no way out of the blank screen) the server will report
    Code:
    12:41:04 [INFO] [/xx.xxx.xx.xxx:19132] logged out due to timeout
    after a few seconds

I have opened the port range 19130-19140 on the server's NAT and am forwarding it on. For proof I can RCON in to the server on 19132 just fine:
    [​IMG]

I was told in my GitHub issue to follow the instructions here but they are for Linux. Nevertheless I gave it a shot anyway. I updated to PHP7 on the machine (installer shipped with PHP 5.6) downloaded the latest phar and ran the server again. This time I was met with:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/php/php.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    bin\php\php.exe: Exit 127

Let me know if there is any other info I can provide to help get this up and running.

2. bc3tech

bc3tech Spider

GitHub:
    bc3tech
    FWIW I just downloaded the x86 PHP redist pointed to from the PMMP installation instructions (bintray), extracted that to my pocketmine installation and ended up with this:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/php/php.exe: error while loading shared libraries: api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    bin\php\php.exe: Exit 127

3. L3ice

L3ice Creeper

GitHub:
    l3ice
  4. bc3tech

bc3tech Spider

GitHub:
    bc3tech
    unfortunately nope, i actually did everything in that thread and still ended up w/ that last error

right now i've resorted to using the bash on Windows feature of Win10 and it's actually going ok. for some reason one of my win10 clients still can't hit the server but i can all day long. not sure what's going on w/ that - maybe beta phar is the issue there

5. Kenner

Kenner Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    Enzoomet
    What O.S. are you hosting your server on currently? I got confused as you stated Windows 10 then Linux, and Windows 10 again.

6. bc3tech

bc3tech Spider

GitHub:
    bc3tech
    win10. i was using the PocketMine-MP installer but was told via github that that was old and to use the new release whose installation instructions were all for Linux only.
    So, i used the bash on windows feature of win10 to do the latest installation. This worked, but only for one remote win10 client. Two others were unable to connect.

So, it seems like there's something not quite right w/ trying to use PMMP on Windows 10, linux subsystem or otherwise.

I look forward to an update that works on Windows!
    For now, I have fired up an Ubuntu Server on Azure and followed the instructions for Linux; it's working great. But i do think this thread should remain open so any updates to the Win10 PMMP client can be posted here as possible solutions...

7. 99leonchang

99leonchang Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    99leonchang
    Once we get further down the road, I'll write up Windows and Mac installation instructions. Probably package some installers too.
    In theory though, you could use the phar provided by Jenkins (which will be back soon) or git clone recursively (useful if you want to work on PMMP's source code) as detailed in the instructions geared towards linux.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  8. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Doesn't it work same as on Linux there?

9. 99leonchang

99leonchang Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    99leonchang
    You'll probably need a different PHP binary.
    Actually, come to think of it, I never provided links to PHP binaries. Guess I'll have to do that sometime as well.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  10. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about that binary...

11. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    as you can see
    "PocketMine-MP: `PocketMine-MP version 1.4.1-980 「絶好(Zekkou)ケーキ(Cake)」 (Implementing API version 1.11.0 for Minecraft: PE v0.10.5 alpha protocol version 20)`"
    please use the lattest version

L3ice and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  12. bc3tech

bc3tech Spider

GitHub:
    bc3tech
    there is no version later than this for Windows.

Thunder33345 likes this.
  13. bc3tech

bc3tech Spider

GitHub:
    bc3tech
    worth noting that i used the mac/linux instructions on a full Ubuntu VM and am up and running w/o issue. I was surprised it didn't (fully) work for the bash linux subsystem on windows 10, though.

14. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    sorry my bad at that time i am just confused by version numbers

15. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    actually i am right the latest version is 0.16 not 0.10
    which right now it is 0.16 unless for some reason your client is 0.10

16. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Thunder33345 likes this.
  17. KAGsundaram

KAGsundaram Silverfish

I had exactly the same problem with the same setup.

For me, it turned out to be a problem with obscure NAT issues in two poorly documented routers, plus a little-known setting in Minecraft PE for Windows Phone.

I could play Minecraft at either of two local IPs (behind or in front of the second router) depending on which WiFi I accessed. But I couldn't log in (as described in OP) to my public static IP (the static IP assigned by my ISP, this is NOT "Single Static IP" router setting) at 66.112.28.121 a.k.a. pmmp.bluehouse.kag.to

The problem in my case was the DSL router could not or would not properly route a port forwarding to its own public IP that came from the local network. If I tried to bypass this by turning off WiFi in the Windows Phone, it also failed.

Finally, deep in the settings menus, I found the setting in Minecraft PE running on Windows Phone 8.1 to "Allow Cell Data" (it defaults to "No", to protect Daddy's phone bill). Now everything works via cellular data.

If I want to use my own WiFi to access my server, I still must use the local net addresses (10.0.0.63 or 192.168.1.2 in my case)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.