1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Recomend player slots per 1 gig of ram.

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by TheShinPin, Sep 22, 2017.

1. sharletsings123

sharletsings123 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    sharletk
    Kk, yes you have to minimize the lag at a few places so your server doesn't lag out and your players don't hate it.

2. TheShinPin

TheShinPin Baby Zombie

Plus on my server players are within a small space, probs like 100-100 probs more idk, besides a few exceptions.

3. sharletsings123

GitHub:
    sharletk
    Oh..k, I'll checkout your server later today.

4. TheShinPin

TheShinPin Baby Zombie

Sadly my server is whitelisted rn, but we have the map done, so it should be opened soon, im still working on getting everything updated to 1.2.

5. sharletsings123

GitHub:
    sharletk
    Hmm alright, anyways let's not get off-topic as this is on General Discussion.

6. TheShinPin

TheShinPin Baby Zombie

Of course lol

7. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Keep in mind that server lagg isn't you're only problem. There's also network lagg, which is caused by the host's network having problems, a player's internet having problems, or the distance between the location of the host and the location of a player.

8. TheShinPin

TheShinPin Baby Zombie

Mhm, I havent had any network lag that ive seen, up intill 1.2, but they supposedly "fixed" that in 1.2.1, but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  9. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Well it's the network itself that causes that. No matter what version of the game you have, it's still possible.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  10. TheShinPin

TheShinPin Baby Zombie

Yes, but it seemed in 1.2 the client could not connect to servers aswell as it could. Not sure tho

11. QuiverlyRivalry

QuiverlyRivalry Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    Same here, is it just me or 1.2, increased lagg on servers?

TheShinPin and jasonwynn10 like this.
  12. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    1.2 increased the overall lag, like every new MCPE version does since they basically add features non-stop with thousands of bugs

sharletsings123 and EdwardHamHam like this.
  13. QuiverlyRivalry

QuiverlyRivalry Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    i shouldnt have left my old host... i thought there hardware became bad.. flippppppppppppppppp

14. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    InspectorGadget
    It's a simple logic. The more the plugin your server has, the more the RAM is uses. I work for a network, that particular server has 2 RAM and has 50+ plugins and also an average of 50 players a day. I barely notice any lag or even crashes.

Code:
    Heap memory: 5 MB. 
    Total virtual memory: 2,048 MB. 
    Total memory: 181 MB. 
    Main thread memory: 48 MB. 
    Thread count: 10

This clearly states the importance of "Thread" instead of RAM. The logic behind this something like a computer, whenever your RAM gets used 100%, your computer will switch to your drive for more memory. In this case, if you have a powerful SSD instead of a HDD. You life won't be miserable.

15. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i disagree that more plugin means more things needed, it's only depending on what the plugin does

EdwardHamHam and Jack Noordhuis like this.
  16. InspectorGadget

GitHub:
    InspectorGadget
    Yes, you said it in different way. I'd say that plugin which uses "Task" instead of AsyncTask may effect the server. The performance may be even terrible if all their plugin extends PluginTask instead of Async. We can conclude with 3 words which is "poorly programmed plugin".

sharletsings123 likes this.
  17. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    Moving code to async task usually won't yield a direct benefit in performance, you'd be lucky to save a few hundredths of a second depending on what the operation is. Running big loops, queries or file reading/writing and parsing in an async task rather than in a plugin task is the only time you might see a noticeable performance increase.

18. InspectorGadget

GitHub:
    InspectorGadget
    I agree on your statement.

sharletsings123 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.