1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Suggestion RakLib should become a php extension

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Epic, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Epic

Epic Creeper

I think that making RakLib an a php exntesion would make it much more powerful and pratical since its api is barely edited.

2. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Making something into an extension doesn't magically make it more powerful. It makes it harder to maintain, and there's also the cost of actually rewriting it into an extension to begin with.

RakLib being somewhat inactive isn't because it's static - it's because it tends to get neglected when other things need to be done.

With that said, I am working on transitioning some more static and performance critical core components into native code, but this is not trivial and will take a long time to complete. Network components have been considered, but there is only one person doing the work (me).

Also, it's a lot easier to have a user update a .phar file than their PHP binary.

3. Epic

Epic Creeper

It is in fact more powerful when it's an exntesion but yeah fair enough i think people are already super confused with the few required php exntesions to introduce a new one like that, but it shouldn't take as much effort as you're saying.

4. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    I will not be surprised if the next thing you say is to have a PHP extension for the whole PM that only uses PHP to load plugins.

5. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    [​IMG]

6. Epic

Epic Creeper

Why not lmao

7. xXNiceAssassinlo YT

xXNiceAssassinlo YT Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    xXNiceYT
    Go TRUMP

8. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Someone should make a version with the USA flag removed.

9. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.