1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Public Bannedlist

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Pitstopers, May 4, 2017.

?

Is this possible

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Most server voting sites nowadays have good spam prevention systems. Even if not, there can still be a cap for each server. I don't think it's easy to spam a server list with many servers ;)

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  2. Pitstopers

Pitstopers Baby Zombie

so you guys can work something out

3. Pitstopers

Pitstopers Baby Zombie

all I want the plugin to be like you do /plubicbanlist and it would give you the names of the players the player who banned them and the reason why that person was banned or make something like https://bans.skycade.net/bans.php that shows everything like the players head why there were banned when will they be unbanned or if its permanent the person who banned them and there head and why there were banned I think that alot of people would like a plugin like that

4. XenialDan

XenialDan Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    thebigsmilexd
    I thought about something similar a while ago, currently i am using BanWars. the problem is that there can be trolling owners that just ban people that they dont like using this plugin, and then these are banned on other servers too.

5. Pitstopers

Pitstopers Baby Zombie

can you send me a link

6. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Bruh, why is everyone not getting what the op wants, not a public list for multiple servers, he wants a public viewable list for banned players, at least that's what I'm understanding

7. Pitstopers

Pitstopers Baby Zombie

Yes your right

8. Daltontastic

Daltontastic Spider Jockey

I can develop an API and website if anybody wants to build the plugin.

9. 0x15f

0x15f Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    0x15f
    I'll do the plugin.

10. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    You don't need a plugin if you parse the banned-players.txt directly.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  11. Daltontastic

Daltontastic Spider Jockey

Instead of creating an API maybe it's better to code a plugin that sends banned-players.txt to database whenever it updates. I'll make a website that parses it and shows what's in it. You can also add the plugin to other servers and download the banned-players.txt file on all servers whenever it's updated somewhere.

Thunder33345 likes this.
  12. Pitstopers

Pitstopers Baby Zombie

Yes that seems great

13. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    How is it different? You are suggesting that the plugin encode the banned-players.txt content string into MySQL data manipulation packets and send them to the MySQL server, let the MySQL server decode the MySQL data manipulation packets, encode the content string into MySQL database storage files, let the web server send MySQL packets so that the MySQL server, later on, decodes the MySQL database storage files, encode them into MySQL response packets and let the web server decode them.

Since you are writing a plugin anyway, why reinvent the wheel for parsing the banned-players.txt, rather than using the already-loaded PocketMine API to format the ban fields into table form that will later on be encoded and decoded through MySQL server?

14. Pitstopers

Pitstopers Baby Zombie

i dont care if it comes with the players skin or not as long as it works

15. 0x15f

0x15f Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    0x15f
    This thread doesn't even relate to what the original concept was, they now want to do a public ban list it. I've seen 4 or 5 posts about what you wanted.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  16. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    @Pitstopers Are you running a webserver on the same device as the pocketmine server is running on?

17. Pitstopers

Pitstopers Baby Zombie

I do not have a webserver

18. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    Then where do you expect people to access your webpage from?

HimbeersaftLP and Keith like this.
  19. Pitstopers

Pitstopers Baby Zombie

I set up a webserver right now

20. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    If it is on the same machine and you can directly read the banned-players.txt from the webserver, you don't need a plugin. You can parse it directly. However, you won't get the skins easily from it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.