1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Previous API plugins and blockupdate

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Landy005, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Landy005

Landy005 Creeper

GitHub:
    Landy005
    Hello,

I would like to request a 2 features that are really handy;
    - Enabling plugins with the previous api (php5).
    - Possibility in the config to put blockupdate off or on ( very very very handy and requested alot by builders). This would mean that for instance if you delete the block a lever is on that the lever stays. Or if you break a block next to sand it won't fall etc.

It's just some suggestions and i hope you will concider it ;)

Thanks,
    Landy005

2. Landy005

Landy005 Creeper

GitHub:
    Landy005
    This is meant for the actual core itself, except if someone is able to make a plugin that disables all blockupdate events etc :)

3. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    One request per thread, please. The two features are irrelevant to put in the same plugin.
    php5 is not an API.

"Plugins with the previous API" means that they are outdated. It is impossible to load them anymore, unless forcefully modifying the declared versions in the plugins.

4. Landy005

Landy005 Creeper

GitHub:
    Landy005

O okay thanks for the information. I saw clearsky has outdated plugins enabled and i was wondering wether or not pmmp might have tis feature too, just a suggestion. :)

5. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    There was a pull request for outdated plugins loading, but the pmmp team decided it would be better to leave it because the gap between the APIs can be just too big.

6. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    That's very dangerous. If a plugin only supports API 1.x.x and you forcefully try to load it on an API 2.x.x server, the server may crash or even lead to strange bugs.

ClearSky is being very irresponsible forcefully loading API 1.x.x plugins so that they can get more users who don't have informed decision that they are using incompatible plugins.

7. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    API 2.0 update was a major, backwards incompatible update. Allowing plugins to load which are not designed for the server's specified API is a very bad idea. You don't bump version numbers for fun.

If you want old plugins that much, go upgrade them yourself.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.