1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

PocketMine first install, error on php_leveldb.dll

Discussion in 'Help' started by Chuckero, May 5, 2019.

1. Chuckero

Chuckero Creeper

Hello folks!
    I'm new on Minecraft universe and I getting some difficulties.
    I have 3 cell phones in my home with Minecraft, I can play in group (home LAN) with 2 players. With 3 players there are too much lags that is impossible to play, so, I'm trying to install PocketMine im my PC to be the server for these 3 cell phones.
    Installing PocketMine I have these issues:
    - my PC uses Win7 Ultimate 64bits with SP1;
    - I followed this help: https://pmmp.readthedocs.io/en/rtfd/installation.html
    - as indicated, I downloaded "PHP-7.2-Windows-x64.zip" from here: https://jenkins.pmmp.io/job/PHP-7.2-Aggregate/
    - unziped in my "C:\php"
    - in cmd I typed "php -version" to test the PHP installation, that not worked at first time;
    - after a lot of internet search I solve the first problem editing "php.ini" in the line:
    extension_dir=ext
    changing to:
    extension_dir=.\ext or extension_dir=c:\php\ext
    - now the problem is the extension "php_leveldb.dll" that don't works

At this point I'm getting the error:
    "PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php_leveldb.dll' (tried: .\ext\php_leveldb.dll (the specified procedure could not be found.), .\ext\php_php_leveldb.dll.dll (the specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0"

If I comment the line "extension=php_leveldb.dll" in the file "php.ini" the error disappears, but the installer doesn't work.
    So, I forgot something? Any clue what I'm doing wrong or what is missing?

Thanks!

2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    For casual playing with vanilla features I recommend the Official Dedicated Server.
    PocketMine lacks in many vanilla features but offers a plugin API which makes it more suitable for minigame servers and such.

jasonwynn10 and radondev like this.
  3. Chuckero

Chuckero Creeper

Thanks @HimbeersaftLP, but the Official Dedicated Server is only to Win10, I'm trying to use Win7.
    So, I think PocketMine still been the best option.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Installing Linux or Windows 10 would be the best option.
    You said you want to play normal Minecraft with 3 players, so unless you want to just build static stuff with old blocks you can't do a lot of vanilla fun stuff, for example:
    Redstone, Mobs, new Items

5. hikingjungle

hikingjungle Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    hikingjungle
    to fix your problem move the bin file (inside php) and put it directly into the pocketmine file (same as start.cmd) and revert the code you changed to the original code.

6. Chuckero

Chuckero Creeper

Thaks to all, but now, I'm testing NukkitX and it is working well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.