1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

PMMP.io Down and Advice Needed

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by MineCraftForChildren, Jan 21, 2018.

1. MineCraftForChildren

MineCraftForChildren Spider Jockey

Understood. Such an active community, yet the source for everything has its moment. Funny.

I could see that being true. Other forums on I'm, the majority of the members are also providers or developers, so it makes complete sense. The end user spend more time using or playing with the software and going on with their lives or careers, while we fix things in the background.

Great, Thank You. I will try it out later tonight and let you know how it goes.

Yup. They have a few Worlds that they share between each other that are very involved.

I initially thought about using the repo but kept it simple and used the suggested PHP with the install. I used the bash installation script, but it only saves about 2 or 3 minutes of work :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. MineCraftForChildren

UPDATE. Tried the Apha release on Centos and Ubuntu, and both show invalid connection. Sigh.

3. Anarchochris

Anarchochris Silverfish

OK... I have a temporary server setup on Ubuntu, using my docker image. No whitelisting, and I will be taking it down this afternoon. Can you try connecting to it?

It is running circleeh/pocketmine:latest, which is the Alpha release right now (1.7dev-516).

I can connect no problem using an updated client on Android O.

Server: pmmp.circle.enterprises:19132

4. MineCraftForChildren

Connected perfectly...so we know it's not the devices. I have been able to connect to those featured Servers, so I knew the issue had to be on the server...but the question now is what is that issue? Even fresh installations fail to connect which baffles me.
    I'm going to try the docker route on the weekend. I just googled and saw another pmmp thread of a dad who had a similar situation.

Thank You everyone who has helped so far. I will update again during the weekend.

Anarchochris likes this.
  5. Anarchochris

Anarchochris Silverfish

I am curious, what is the content of your server.preferences file?

6. Anarchochris

Anarchochris Silverfish

FYI, the easiest way is to install docker and docker-compose. Then create a "docker-compose.yml" file (example: https://gitlab.com/circle-eh/docker/docker-pocketmine/raw/master/docker-compose.yaml) and run "docker-compose up -d" in the same directory as that file. It will handle the rest for you.

I would map the "volume" to local storage that matches your setup, but leave it EMPTY for the first run of the container. The setup will create a bunch of folders. Then copy whatever additional files you want in there and restart the docker container: "docker restart pocketmine" or /reload.

MineCraftForChildren likes this.
  7. MineCraftForChildren

This what I had when it worked (below). Since then I have tested variations including a basic default with minimal settings, the default port with no IP, and about half of this list.

#Properties Config file
    #Fri Jan 19 02:11:04 EST 2018
    motd=BB And Friends
    server-name=BB And Friends
    server-port=62725
    server-ip=###.###.##.##
    memory-limit=2048M
    gamemode=1
    force-gamemode=off
    max-players=20
    spawn-protection=16
    white-list=off
    enable-query=on
    enable-rcon=off
    announce-player-achievements=on
    allow-flight=on
    spawn-animals=on
    hardcore=off
    pvp=off
    difficulty=1
    generator-settings=
    level-name=########
    level-type=DEFAULT
    rcon.password=#########
    auto-save=on
    view-distance=25
    spawn-mobs=on
    level-seed=
    xbox-auth=off
    online mode=false

8. Anarchochris

Anarchochris Silverfish

After fixing the commented out sections, a server with those same settings (under docker, again) works just fine. :-/

I wasn't sure if the following was going to cause problems:
    Because I don't think that is a valid entry (maybe "online-mode=false"?).

It's definitely hard to troubleshoot a problem when it can't be reproduced!

9. evilosis

evilosis Creeper

GitHub:
    evilosis
    UPADTE: I tried some of the suggestions above and had the same Login Timeout error. I updated to the latest jenkins release last night #662 and its now working for me. It still show 1.2.7 on the server log, but was able to login from PC's, Ipads, and mobile.

10. MineCraftForChildren

This must a known issue since the error message (and not error itself) has been updated. It now shows " logged out due to Invalid session. Reason: Token can't be used yet - check the server's date/time matches the client."

For now, I went with Nukkit so we could play something. I don't know if saying Nukkit on here is like yelling PC in a MAC store, but it's the only other option for now. After it was loaded, we were connected with no issues. Just one of those things.

Anarchochris and evilosis like this.
  11. Dogeee

Dogeee Silverfish

GitHub:
    dogeee
    Maps can and do get corrupted if some block or item misbehaves. This is probably the reason behind these issues. Be careful when adding plugins as they may also break the server.

Those servers work better because they’re using their own software which suits their needs, have a dedicated always online team of developers and aren’t in testing anymore, they’re pretty much stable complete servers.

12. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    It's most likely just a misconfiguration of your server's time.

13. MineCraftForChildren

UPDATE!!! Finally back on. Installed a new copy on a new VPS, and everything is working as it was before. What made is stop...no idea. The time issue was checked, double checked, and tripe checked.

Either way, all is good, and Thank You for all the help and suggestions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.