1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

php: error while loading shared libraries: libbz2.so.1.0

Discussion in 'Help' started by voyager, Dec 5, 2019.

1. voyager

voyager Creeper

I'm trying to install PocketMine into Multicraft as described here: https://www.multicraft.org/site/docs/howto#9.3.

In the second bullet point, I followed the manual instructions as indicated here: https://pmmp.readthedocs.io/en/rtfd/installation/installing-manually.html where I downloaded php7 and extracted it into my folder.

Upon trying to start the server, I get the following error:
    [Server] INFO /jar/pocketmine/bin/php7/bin/php: error while loading shared libraries:
    libbz2.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't know where the php executable is looking for libbz2.so.1.0. I was able to find a similar looking directory at {jar}/pocketmine/bin/php7/lib that had many lib files but the closest looking one is libz.so.1, which is not the same. But if php were looking for it there, wouldn't it have come out of the extraction when installing php as directed earlier?

Environment:
    Fedora 27
    PocketMine 3.9.7
    Multicraft 2.3.3-64

2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
  3. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    that is strange, AFAIK it should not be linked to bzip2 ... I will investigate.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  4. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    the culprit was libzip, next set of builds rolling tomorrow should have this fixed.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  5. voyager

voyager Creeper

Thanks to both of you for looking into this! Sorry for the delay on trying the compile by myself. I'll try the new builds first, then I'll try compiling myself.

6. voyager

voyager Creeper

So it seems that worked for me but now it is crashing with no error logs on the main console. Not sure if this is a pocketmine error or not. I'm still trying to get more log information.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.