1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Solved php 7

Discussion in 'Help' started by dislegal, Dec 30, 2016.

1. dislegal

dislegal Creeper

GitHub:
    dislegal
    Hi!

I bought my son a Raspberry Pi for his 9th birthday and we've been trying to set him up a minecraft server. After several days, I discovered that the minecraft server we finally had up and running was for the PC version and is why we couldn't connect to it from his iPad. We've successfully installed Pocketmine - but when I punch "./start.sh" into bash, I get "Couldn't find a working PHP 7 binary, please use the installer."
    I've installed PHP 7, and when I go "php -v" it shows "PHP 7.0.14-2".
    I've tried copying the Pocketmine folder and files into the PHP 7 folder in /etc/php with the same result.

I know I'm missing something here. I've tooled around with various Linux distros over the years but only really have enough knowledge and Google juice to get myself into trouble. Any tips appreciated!

A very eager 9 y/o awaits your wisdom! :)

Muqsit and eDroid like this.
  2. Keith

Keith Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    k3ithos
    How did you install it? Did you use either one of these:
    Code:
    curl -sL https://get.pmmp.io | bash -s -
    wget -q -O - https://get.pmmp.io | bash -s -

Make sure you have a bin/php7 folder(the PHP7 installation) along with your PocketMine installation in the same folder.

HimbeersaftLP, applqpak and dislegal like this.
  3. dislegal

dislegal Creeper

GitHub:
    dislegal
    Thanks for the swift reply, Keith!

I believe my problem was due to installing it from pocketmine.net. I installed from the wget link you provided above and it worked, running ./start.sh brings it up.

I am getting an error on the device "Could not connect: Outdated server!" and "logged out due to Outdated server!" in bash now though...

Code:
    [17:08:59] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading pocketmine.yml...
    [17:08:59] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading server properties...
    [17:08:59] [Server thread/INFO]: Selected English (eng) as the base language
    [17:08:59] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft: PE server version v0.16.0.5 alpha
    [17:08:59] [Server thread/INFO]: Opening server on 0.0.0.0:19132
    [17:08:59] [Server thread/INFO]: This server is running PocketMine-MP version 1.6.1dev "Unleashed" (API 2.1.0)
    [17:08:59] [Server thread/INFO]: PocketMine-MP is distributed under the LGPL License
    [17:09:00] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading recipes...
    [17:09:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world"
    [17:09:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting GS4 status listener
    [17:09:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Setting query port to 19132
    [17:09:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Query running on 0.0.0.0:19132
    [17:09:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: Survival Mode
    [17:09:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (2.296s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    [17:09:15] [Server thread/INFO]: [/192.168.0.114:19132] logged out due to Outdated server!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  4. Keith

Keith Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    k3ithos
    Yes, you'll have to get the MCPE 1.0.0 compatible phar available at https://jenkins.pmmp.io/job/PocketMine-MP Dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PocketMine-MP_1.6.2dev-61_5f5a6748_API-3.0.0-ALPHA1.phar
    Make sure you do a backup of your server before using it, this build is NOT stable and might break or corrupt your server.

HimbeersaftLP and dislegal like this.
  5. eDroid

eDroid Witch

GitHub:
    edroiid
    You will need to update the "PocketMine-MP.phar". You can do the following commands via ssh to do so, but first make sure you are in the directory where pocket mine is installed:
    Code:
    rm PocketMine-MP.phar

curl http://getserversoftware.gq/resources/phars/PocketMine-MP.phar > PocketMine-MP.phar

I'm pretty sure that shall do the trick :)

dislegal likes this.
  6. dislegal

dislegal Creeper

GitHub:
    dislegal
    Thanks eDroid.

I get an Invalid name! error now. Not sure if I'm making progress but I seem to continually break things! :(

Code:
    [18:30:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading pocketmine.yml...
    [18:30:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading server properties...
    [18:30:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Selected English (eng) as the base language
    [18:30:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft: PE server version v1.0.0.16
    [18:30:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Opening server on 0.0.0.0:19132
    [18:30:16] [Server thread/INFO]: This server is running PocketMine-MP version 1.6.2dev "Unleashed" (API 3.0.0-ALPHA1)
    [18:30:16] [Server thread/INFO]: PocketMine-MP is distributed under the LGPL License
    [18:30:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading recipes...
    [18:30:18] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world"
    [18:30:18] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting GS4 status listener
    [18:30:18] [Server thread/INFO]: Setting query port to 19132
    [18:30:18] [Server thread/INFO]: Query running on 0.0.0.0:19132
    [18:30:18] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: Survival Mode
    [18:30:18] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (2.173s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    [18:30:22] [Server thread/INFO]: Dad ;)[/192.168.0.114:19132] logged out due to Invalid name!

7. eDroid

eDroid Witch

GitHub:
    edroiid
    You can't use ":)" aka a smiley in your name. A simple username change will fix it :)

HimbeersaftLP and dislegal like this.
  8. dislegal

dislegal Creeper

GitHub:
    dislegal
    You're a genius! Thanks you sir, and Keith! :D

eDroid likes this.
  9. eDroid

eDroid Witch

GitHub:
    edroiid
    Just here to help! :) Enjoy!

dislegal likes this.
  10. Keith

Keith Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    k3ithos
    Is that just the Jenkins phar? It might corrupt or break the installation like I said earlier... Just a warning :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.