1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Permissions Plugin with new API 3.0 / 1.0 MC client

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Bagoschwago, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Bagoschwago

Bagoschwago Spider

GitHub:
    bagoschwago
    It seems that my PurePerms plugin has stopped working with the new dev version of PocketMine. When people connect to the server it doesn't register them and put them into the default group. When I go manually add them it doesn't stick. Anyone else run into this issue? Anyone have a successful permissions plugin working with the latest dev version of PocketMine? Thanks for any help in advance.

-Bago

Primus likes this.
  2. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Any developer is strongly discouraged from creating plugins for API 3.0.0. You'll have to wait for pocketmine to release at least beta build for new API.

3. Bagoschwago

Bagoschwago Spider

GitHub:
    bagoschwago
    I understand that since its so unstable they should wait for a better version however I see servers running permissions plugins with I'm assuming the Pocketmine dev software and was curious if anyone had any insight on how this might be working since mine had stopped. No worries, sorry for asking.

4. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    SimpleAuth/HereAuth should not be broken in any way by the API 3.0, due to no changes to the methods they use have been made. You can bump the api versions. Remember: when bumping api versions, always be sure that the plugin is compatible and backup your server folder beforehand.

5. Bagoschwago

Bagoschwago Spider

GitHub:
    bagoschwago
    Thanks for the information. I already had bumped the HereAuth to the API 3.0 and that seems to be working fine on my test PI. The PurePerms plugin has stopped working since moving to the ALPHA version so currently on my dev server there is the HereAuth but the perms are not sticking to the users.

Im trying to figure out what needs to change to make PurePerms work. It loads, creates the files but does not save user groups/permissions.

-Bago

6. Bagoschwago

Bagoschwago Spider

GitHub:
    bagoschwago
    Actually I take that back, it seems to be working now all of a sudden... strange.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.