1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Official pocketmine server

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by xBeastMode, Nov 28, 2016.

?

should we have an official pocketmine server?

Poll closed Jan 28, 2017.
  1. yes

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. no

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. xBeastMode

xBeastMode Shog Chips

Who thinks we should have an official Pocketmine server for the community? If there are more than 5 "yes" votes on the poll we will discuss how this could work out. This also have to be approve by the pmmp/pocketmine-mp team, else it won't be official. If you voted "no" please give a reason why, don't just vote "no" to discourage me from doing it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  2. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Would be fun :D

3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    I vote yes, but I hope it won't flop like the one from a certain spoon that starts with I and doesn't exist anymore...

4. xBeastMode

xBeastMode Shog Chips

I didn't understand anything you said.

5. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Spoon server quick time after was down and he hopes that it won't happen with this. I guess that's what his trying to say :D

6. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    We have discussed about this a long time ago, but some of us decided that this would be total distraction of work, at least for the current status of pmmp as well as foreseeable future.

7. Matthew

Matthew Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    matthww
    It's going to be a mess tbh. But like a test server where you can see what PocketMine is and what the performance are. I could host.. But I think my location is not the best. (latency)

8. aliuly

aliuly Silverfish

GitHub:
    alejandroliu
    Rather than having an official server, we should bring back here the list of servers that was on the old forums.

9. xBeastMode

xBeastMode Shog Chips

Most of those servers don't exist anymore or have been offline for a long time.

10. aliuly

aliuly Silverfish

GitHub:
    alejandroliu
    I don't mean "COPY" the list from there. As you said, that list is quite out of date.

Start a new list here. So people can post and advertise their servers here. There is no such section here anymore.

11. xBeastMode

xBeastMode Shog Chips

OK. I wanted to create an official pocketmine server because if I create my own nobody ever joins and there's no point of payin for it. But having an official one, we could create an awesome server with many players.

12. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    We do not intend in making anything "official" if we cannot do anything better than existing ones there. We are here to contribute, not to destroy or monopolize, so if someone else is already doing something well enough, I don't think it is necessary to make one "official" to compete and increase the confusion. On the other hand, I think it might be good if some server lists are promoted officially.

13. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    Whatever the case is, if it is started by you, it will never be official; if it is official, it will never be started by you.

14. xBeastMode

xBeastMode Shog Chips

Ok. I guess there will never be an official server, but it would be awesome.

15. Junkdude

Junkdude Zombie

GitHub:
    JunkDaCoder
    You could link forum accounts!

16. Junkdude

Junkdude Zombie

GitHub:
    JunkDaCoder
    cough "UnOfficial" cough

17. Palente

Palente Slime

GitHub:
    palente
    i think they could be magic with plugins BUT the team of the staff i think is so busy with the website

18. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    Yeah but he could have help from, I dunno, future moderators, that @Intyre/@dktapps mentioned? (not developers) So then it would be official. Although, all you need SOMETIMES is backing from staff

19. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    What? So like the list that there was like Lifeboat and stuff?

20. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    @Intyre said it best... ain't nobody got time for that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.