1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Newbie problem... other answers don't cover it

Discussion in 'Help' started by The_Clock, Dec 27, 2016.

1. The_Clock

The_Clock Spider Jockey

Hello everyone. I am new at using Pocketmine and I have this problem which other answers don't work for...
    I got Pocketmine working and everything with the new build which supports MCPE 1.0. I can connect to the server and customize everything, but I can't figure out how to import a world. I know this has been answered in several places, but none of those answers work for me.

I tried the answer where I use the converted world files and the PC level.dat Keith provided, which creates a world that I recognize as my world but is extremely damaged, so far to be unplayable and would take several weeks to repair. How would I fix this?

If somebody could help me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it... I am hosting a gathering this Saturday which I would really like to use this server at and I need this world to do it. Thanks!

P.S. I edited this, so most of the replies won't make sense.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Looks like the lang submodule is missing?
    The error states that the level.dat is invalid. It looks like either you have an corrupted world in the first place or your converter doesn't do good. Please try to use another converter or upload the world here for other users to take a look at it.

HimbeersaftLP and Primus like this.
  3. The_Clock

The_Clock Spider Jockey

My world shouldn't be corrupted as I had uploaded it onto a computer and then downloaded it back to my tablet as a copy and it worked fine. I will try a different converter. Were my steps I took to use the converted files correct?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  4. The_Clock

The_Clock Spider Jockey

Here is the non-converted world:

Attached Files:

5. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    Looks more like a problem with the level.dat file. Try generating a new world, stop the server, place your .mca files in the regions folder then start the server again. You may have to move/fly around your world for a bit to find your imported chunks.

6. The_Clock

The_Clock Spider Jockey

Do I need to take out the .mcapm files Pocketmine generates?

7. Jack Noordhuis

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    Change the default generator to anvil in pocketmine.yml so it generates an anvil world. Up to you if you delete the generated chunks. They'll just be generated again unless the world your importing replaces them.

8. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
  9. Keith

Keith Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    k3ithos
  10. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    Why should you let MCPC generate the level.dat? PocketMine can do that much better, and with all the data it needs.

Jack Noordhuis likes this.
  11. Keith

Keith Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    k3ithos
    Because PC is more official..?

12. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    And after having a new, working level.dat, you can open the old one with a NBT Editor and see the spawn point, then open the new one, and change the spawn point there to the original one.

Keith likes this.
  13. Jack Noordhuis

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    PocketMine doesn't use the same data as MCPC in the level.dat. Some of it may be similar but a minor difference can result in errors and/or crashes.

Just because Mojang made MCPC and it is the game everything is based off doesn't mean it is the all knowing source of knowledge that everything should be based off. This forum is for helping users, not spreading your personal thoughts on what you think is 'official'.

14. #Jerk

#Jerk Creeper

So he's not entitled to his opinion? Cut the crap.

Primus likes this.
  15. Jack Noordhuis

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    He's not entitled to spread his opinion if it is not helpful to the subject at hand. If you read my post properly then you would've understood it's meaning.

16. The_Clock

The_Clock Spider Jockey

17. The_Clock

The_Clock Spider Jockey

I used the level.dat Keith provided and loaded the world, but my arena was EXTRAORDINARILY damaged, there were only the tiniest remnants of what I had built, just enough for me to recognize it. I assume that would be a problem with the world converter? If so please tell me.

18. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    Who cares if you have an official level.dat with lots of useless information in it rather than a clean level.dat generated by PM for PM?

SalmonDE likes this.
  19. The_Clock

The_Clock Spider Jockey

My pocketmine-generated level.dat's don't work.

20. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    Did you generate them with the right world format?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.