1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Need help with Groups Plugin

Discussion in 'Facepalm' started by WinterBuild7074, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moska

moska Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    supermaxalex
    If you don't know, we can't so help you.

2. WinterBuild7074

WinterBuild7074 Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    I removed the line with the RefreshTask part and the plugin works.

3. XCodeMCPE

XCodeMCPE Slime

GitHub:
    xcodemcpe
  4. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    Um, but it still doesn't work. "You have no permission..."

5. SzanelGirl

SzanelGirl Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    SzanelGirl
    Help my plugin pls

6. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    I cannot help, I am starting to learn PHP now.

7. MyNET

MyNET Silverfish

what plugin?

8. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    no no stop!
    this is not a plugin developement section, we cant just expect some server owner to learn the whole PHP just to fix some silly mistake done by the developers
    EDIT: Do not get me wrong here, yes we should not spoon feed developers but there's a difference with someone that's clueless on how to even use the most basic functions
    and even if you insist to not directly help OP, i wont blame you but you should have know OP didnt know anything about PHP and you should give OP a crash course of PHP+PMMP, crashcourse because OP probs wouldnt care about anything other then fixing that error and move on with OP's day, if OP is interested OP will just help themself

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Primus and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  9. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    here today i will teach you how to link to a google search page http://google.com/?q=Thing+You+Wanted+To+Searched

and there's a thing called actually helping, like instate of just throwing some google links, you should link to a resource that actually helps like one that you read thoroughly and it is not just some unsloved forum thread, yes i know it sounds obvious that you already just gave them a google link but it's way polite and they can use the google link for their future research if the problem still persisted

sometimes people can be careless linking google without even seeing what it would link to, like what you just did... go click on the search it'self and see what it brings up, and ask yourself, does it help some clueless OP with a faulty plugin they didnt made?

Primus likes this.
  10. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    Stop it, you sound extremely rude. Reported.

11. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    why not just tell me which points you dislike, we can settle this with some actual reasonings instead of the classic pointless unproductive insult war
    PS. read my quote it's not in reply to you
    either ways please do tell me which parts of it sounded rude and i will give you my reasonings behind it
    PS. there's no need to say "Reported" because i frankly wont care and wont get scared
    you can totally say "Stop it, you sound extremely rude."
    with some points backing where i said it and how can i deliver it better as an example

12. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    I need help with my PurePerms plugin, the perms in the groups.yml don't load/work.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  13. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Stop.
    Please stop any debate about linking to Google.
    It is understandable that it's very annoying to see the same problems all the time. Instead of throwing a LMGTFY link that most likely doesn't help people in this particular situation, why not actually google yourself and link to a specific page that you believe to be the same problem? Or, why not make a thread in Resources forum about this particular type of crashes, or along with other issues to make a convenient list for reference, just like what @PEMapModder did on old forums?
    It is as annoying to see people throwing LMGTFY links without truly understanding the problem as it is to see people posting the same errors repeatedly, or as it is to see people trying to "make plugins" without having any logical PHP knowledge.

Resolution
    This thread is being locked and moved to Facepalm section.
    @WinterBuild7074, instead of telling us that you "don't know anything about PHP" because a friend made it, tell your friend about whatever you see on this thread. This forum is not a code-writing service, and "give me the working code" should not be requested at all. Please also note that this forum is about PocketMine API and PocketMine plugin development, not about generic PHP. If you just want to ask about PHP, use StackOverflow or other sites generically about programming, not this specific site about PocketMine.
    @JackboyPlay If you only know to link people to Google, it is as useful as you never posted. You may particularly link to a thread that this one duplicates, but not a Google link, especially one that you cannot really find anything useful. Unless you have sufficient evidence he has never googled, many bugs come from careless mistakes that googling is very unlikely to help -- unless the error message cannot be understood, which is an unlikely case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.