1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Need help at Updating

Discussion in 'Development' started by Melonenbubi, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Melonenbubi

Melonenbubi Spider

Hello!

I can't develop PHP so I ask this here on forums. To help may takes 5 Minutes.
    I found a Plugin on the old Pocketmine Forums, I can't find here. The problem is, that this plugin is written for Pocketmine Alpha_1.4

Can someone update it to make it working for the newest (API 3.0.0ALPHA11) API?

Regards,
    Melonenbubi

2. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    You are on the wrong section of the forum. You should directly contact the plugin developer to update their plugin.

3. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    sorry but this is policy, you have to contact author to upgrade it
    it's kinda lame but only way around is to request the exact plugin, instated of updating request you request a new plugin that's exactly like the outdated plugin by mentioning every feature it has

Muqsit and EdwardHamHam like this.
  4. HBIDamian

HBIDamian HBIDamian Staff Member

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    That's where you hit the slight loophole.
    Depending on which license they chose, If you base a plugin on the functionality of the certain plugin, but code it yourself, (Without using bits of their code), then that's ok. No license rules have been affected.
    It's only going to be a moral issue...

5. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    it wouldnt really be moral issues if you just give credit where it's due
    if you think an idea worth a credit, do it, if you think copying code worth one, do it too!

HBIDamian likes this.
  6. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    It'd be also helpful to point out which plugin, so that we can assess if it's feasible to do or not.

7. Melonenbubi

Melonenbubi Spider

Is it somewhere allowed to hire Developers? I was not able to find a section...

Melon

8. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    no you are not allowed to hire developers here
    but you are allowed to request plugins in condition that: developers arent paid, plugin is public

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.