1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Mp3 Music in server plugin

Discussion in 'Requests' started by jbreadtoasty, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbreadtoasty

jbreadtoasty Silverfish

I think it would be really cool if someone could make a plugin for pocketmine latest version 3.0.0-ALPHA10 to support custom mp3 music so i can put my own music on the server for the holidays.

2. HittmanA

HittmanA Zombie

GitHub:
    hittmana
    I don't think it's possible to play your own sounds with PocketMine. PocketMine is only server-side software, it can't add sounds to the client (mcpe app) and then play them.

3. jbreadtoasty

jbreadtoasty Silverfish

@HittmanA Really? Darn i was really hoping this would be possible because that would be super cool! Well dang...

4. HittmanA

HittmanA Zombie

GitHub:
    hittmana
    Like I said, I am not sure. I just *think* it's not possible.

5. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Whoever makes this plugin would need a resource pack to go with it. The issue is that you would lose a sound to gain a sound

Edit: Actually, I was just informed that sounds can be infinitely added with resource packs :p

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  6. jbreadtoasty

jbreadtoasty Silverfish

Alright Well Hmm :( i was hoping we could have somethign like the bukkit plugins do and can play mp3 music for everyone on the server but i guess that cant happen with pocketmine like it can with bukkit.

7. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    No it is possible, just not something everyone will jump at the opportunity to do. personally, I don't like making resource packs :p

8. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Also, note that the user will use his/her data to download the pack when he/she joins the server which some people may not like.

9. KittyDev

KittyDev Slime

GitHub:
    FreakingDev
  10. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    Kyd likes this.
  11. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    you can try to convert MP3 into noteblocks only and go forward from there, but you cant do it programatically
    i cant seem to find ant libraries that can do such
    or else you can just download movies + convert on the go off youtube and play them as soon as someone requested it

i doubt resource packs are onthego types unless you want to transfer everyone back to your server each time a song is requested
    also might not be ideal for users with low bandwith/bad connections

12. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Converting mp3 to midi/noteblock sounds like converting a png to a vector graphic, it won't work quite well unless you do it manually.

13. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    agreed, but ther's already things that convert mp3 into midi then to nbs
    now we just need to automate it and make it inhouse

most of them are a one click thing, so they are already "automated" and i dont see a how an average user will help the process

or we can scale down to downloading midi by querying midi sites like yt and converting to nbs

or querying nbs sites/db directly and downloading+playing

14. jbreadtoasty

jbreadtoasty Silverfish

I appreciate everyones input :) However if its not able to happen that is ok with me. I wish there was a way to use the api to create a music plugin but if its not possible like i said its completely fine. I do however need the other plugins that i have posted made. And if there is anyway possible i can help i would like to learn how to help in making such things so i can further my help towards the community. Because if you ask me hands on is way more successful at teaching people how to do something than reading from a book or website.

15. jbreadtoasty

jbreadtoasty Silverfish

16. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    havent the sum of this post already discussed this?

17. jbreadtoasty

jbreadtoasty Silverfish

@Thunder33345 yes, however i was just seeing if there was something to use in the Curl thing that would allow a server sided music instead of resource but i dont know how it works and your probably right but i was just asking.

18. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    curl is just a thing that can visit/download websites/files
    as for the rest refer to previous conversations
    there's only, resource pack or noteblock based musics
    unless you count starting VLC to play a music which only literally the server owner can hear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.