1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Microsoft Official Server Map to PocketMine Map

Discussion in 'Help' started by ReachCraft, Mar 19, 2019.

1. ReachCraft

ReachCraft Creeper

Hey Guys,

I'm sure there might be threads on this but i cant see any up to date solutions.

I currently run a dedicated bedrock server (Microsoft official alpha server). I got PocketMine set up on our server, and we could connect as players and be in the world, but every time i tried to copy our map information to the server, it just said the world could not be loaded.

Is there a good tool to convert Bedrock Official server maps to something Pocketmine can use?

I tried MCCTool Chest PE, but it seems to throw an IO error, ive tweeted the guy on that, so waiting there.

Does it matter much that this world originally came from a Realm?

2. TheClimbing

TheClimbing Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    theclimbing
    Vanilla worlds are in different format and creating a port is too complicated so there is no such tool

3. CupidonSauce173

CupidonSauce173 Zombie

GitHub:
    cupidonsauce173
    Is it in that .db file ? The same as the survival worlds? If yes, then yes you can. I make maps from Java and convert them to Bedrock edition (for block mapping) so it makes them to be in .db db then I reconvert them in mcpc worlds (without block mapping) and drop them in pmmp

4. ReachCraft

ReachCraft Creeper

Hey,

Yeah, its a db folder, level.dat, level.dat_old and levelname.txt.

I still cant get our world to work with the MCCTool Chest PE so cant drop them into pmmp. What is block mapping?

5. hikingjungle

hikingjungle Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    hikingjungle
    unfortunately there is no way to convert them (no updated way anyways) you can use anvil for pc to pmmp (pmmp supports anvil worlds)

(i may be compleatly wrong)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  6. BaconOFBurger

BaconOFBurger Spider

GitHub:
    BaconOFBurger
    May be possible using MC Edit but I'm not sure if it still support the latest Level DB format.

7. hikingjungle

hikingjungle Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    hikingjungle
    My thoughts exactly

8. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Stable builds don't support any world newer than 1.2.13 at the current time.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  9. ReachCraft

ReachCraft Creeper

Cheers for the help guys,

Guess i need to tell my server, they will have to stay with the current world in bedrock official, or lose the world to get a better server software.

10. hikingjungle

hikingjungle Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    hikingjungle
    also you would want to stay on the official bedrock software if your server is a survival server

11. BaconOFBurger

BaconOFBurger Spider

GitHub:
    BaconOFBurger
    Sadly only windows 10 machines can host the official bedrock software ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    (EDIT: not all machines/servers can host it)

12. HBIDamian

HBIDamian HBIDamian Staff Member

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    [​IMG]

Windows 10 AND Ubuntu can host it.

13. ReachCraft

ReachCraft Creeper

How come?

14. Destroyer57

Destroyer57 Zombie

Pocketmine isnt good and suitable for a vanilla or survival server. Use pocketmine for more features such as plugins and use the bedrock software for pure vanilla

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  15. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Pocketmine isn't better in the area of survival worlds and the world generator is missing A LOT. Large areas of the "Minecraft Experience" are missing due to lack of feature updates. Instead Dylan is making the API better and improving it's execution efficiency to run smoother.

EdwardHamHam and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.