1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

MCPE v0.16.1

Discussion in 'Help' started by KAGsundaram, Nov 14, 2016.

1. KAGsundaram

KAGsundaram Silverfish

Does anyone in this fork have a version that works with Minecraft-PE v0.16.1?

The best I have found so far (other than ClearSky) only goes to v0.15.10, which doesn't help me because both my son's tablet (Android) and my phone (Windows Phone 8.1) have auto-updated Minecraft-PE to v0.16.1, which will not talk to a v0.15.10 server.

(Ok, technically they do talk. v0.16.1 says "Outdated Server" and terminates the conversation.)

2. KAGsundaram

KAGsundaram Silverfish

"So I assume that most of us have been on the PocketMine forums for at least eight months. Some far more than that...."
    An interesting assumption. It explains a lot. LOL!

So as usual, I answer my own question.
    In fifty years of software and computer design, I have never before seen (or even heard of) a "Jenkins". However, by snooping around in your Jenkins, I found PocketMine-MP_1.6.1dev-73_794ff643_API-2.1.0.phar, which crashed the php.exe the first time I executed start.cmd on it, and ran the second time. It has now been stable for nearly ten minutes, and it lets my phone in to a horrible dark world.

This seems to be one of the best kept secrets in the universe.

Now to strong-arm my horrendous Westell modem firewall to allow Minecraft through to the outside world...

Then I can actually learn how to play Minecraft.

3. HBIDamian

HBIDamian HBIDamian Staff Member

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    Okay... even my Broken English Translating tired brain did not understand a single word then,

4. KAGsundaram

KAGsundaram Silverfish

In case this helps the developers...

After two hours up, PocketMine-MP_1.6.1dev-73 still responds to device login; I can still play there.
    However, it has ceased to respond to any console commands, such as "version" or "help".

5. 99leonchang

99leonchang Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    99leonchang
    If you can recreate the issue and provide some more information, you should consider reporting it on the issue tracker.

SOFe likes this.
  6. KAGsundaram

KAGsundaram Silverfish

Ok, I'll try running it again tomorrow and see how it behaves. If it repeats itself, then it goes to issue tracker.

HBIDamian and 99leonchang like this.
  7. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    There is some deja vu here. I remember command reader breaking after a few hours. Something with stdin.

Google and KAGsundaram like this.
  8. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Offtopic altert: It's an error in the Martix! XD

Google likes this.
  9. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Hi KAG, and welcome to the wonderful world of PocketMine. One thing I'd add is to make sure that you test with no plugins before reporting issues on github - if it's a plugin's fault then you should post in the plugin help section. You can also set the debug setting to > 1 in pocketmine.yml which may give you some useful information, or not... and run timings tests using /timings on... Wait until the error occurs... /timings report, /timings paste, /timings off, and visit the URL provided for a detailed breakdown of resource usage that can help pinpoint problems.

KAGsundaram likes this.
  10. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    Good idea :)

11. Matthew

Matthew Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    matthww
    If your commands do not work on your device use the following command:
    Code:
    ./version or ./help
    Because the commands are broken in 0.16 this is a (temporary) fix.

Google likes this.
  12. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    he's talking about the console cmds

Google and Matthew like this.
  13. Matthew

Matthew Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    matthww
    Oh... well then.

Google likes this.
  14. KAGsundaram

KAGsundaram Silverfish

Thanks for the suggestions.

No plugins. One thing at a time, LOL! I need to get this thing running first. Then I can ask what plugins a six-year-old boy would like, and then...

Next time I run it (it just now broke again, second time) I will use your suggestions for collecting more data. Right now I need to get back to editing https://www.rubytapas.com/ after I tackle the issues reporting system.

Matthew likes this.
  15. KAGsundaram

KAGsundaram Silverfish

Oh, so I need a github account to report an issue? I ought to get one for my Ruby Tapas work as well. Issues tracking will have to wait until next work break, this afternoon or this evening.

Matthew and 99leonchang like this.
  16. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    Take your time!

17. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    I love listening to stuff like this. Planning to create accounts. A shame, I have accounts created everywhere, I can't create anymore, such a shame :(

KAGsundaram likes this.
  18. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    How is that even possible?!

Google likes this.
  19. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    As a matter of fact, Jenkins is quite new. According to this source as well as Wikipedia, Jenkins was released 5 years ago, and obviously after software like GitHub has been around, which is definitely less than 10 years. That makes fifty years mean nothing.

Google, 99leonchang and Matthew like this.
  20. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    Oh, I never knew that. I thought it was quite old because of it being used by Pocketmine (They obviously used it just when it came out)

Matthew likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.