1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

MCPE to PMMP ?

Discussion in 'Help' started by AzzKickr, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Silverfish

Good evening reader,

As a 33 year old father and gamer, me and my 7 and 5 year old daughters have recently discovered Minecraft and we love it ! The very first game where the age differences is nonexistent.and we can enjoy multiplayer !

The girls are on Android devices (tablets) and I'm using the Windows 10 Beta edition.
    Because we are experiencing connection issues with the tablets as "host", I decided to setup our own local server on another Win10 machine. Now the problem is that the girls obviously don't want to start all over again with everything we've created so far, so I want to introduce our world into the server I've setup.

No matter what I do I cannot get it to work :( so I'm in dire need of expert advice...

The world is on an Android tablet and I've managed to copy it to the Win10 server machine easily.

What steps do I need to take to "convert/import/introduce" the world to the server ? Tablets are running MCPE 0.16.2 and are able to succesfully connect to my server.
    Many thx in advance !

2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    SalmonDE and Palente like this.
  3. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Silverfish

Many thx for your reply. However I tried this already; I don't know what to do with the converted files. Where to put them ? I've tried putting them in the world folder but then PM crashes :(

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Make a new folder in your "worlds" folder and name it how the originak world was called, then change the default world in server.propertiers to that world, too

SalmonDE likes this.
  5. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Silverfish

Thank you for your reply. I followed your steps but it didn't work. Server says "level -insertmylevelname- not found" and starts generating one with that name. I noticed that PM is generating a level.dat file and a region folder into the folder that holds my world. The converted files have the .mca extension.

SalmonDE likes this.
  6. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    That worked for me:
    (It's actually a video of the things @HimbeersaftLP said <3)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    jasonwynn10 and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  7. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Silverfish

From where did you grab that level.dat file ?

Asada likes this.
  8. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    Don't you have one in your world files? :eek:

9. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Silverfish

If I take the one from the Android tablet, PM crashes. If I let it generate one, it works but then it's not my world. It looks like PM isn't doing anything really with the .mca files. I just ran around for like 15 minutes and I notice that PM is generating .mca files too like r.0.0.mca, r.0.-1.mca, r.1.0.mca etc.
    But the files that the converter generated for me are r.7.0.mca, r.7.-1.mca, r.8.0.mca etc.

10. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    Hmm, you could use the level.dat file of an pc map and open it with an nbt editor to change the level name if that helps.
    I suppose the name of the .mca files has to do with their position in the world so maybe your buildings are somewhere in the world, but not at the spawn.

11. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Silverfish

I remember reading somewhere that another person trying to do this ran into the same problem; his spawn point was soo far off that he didn't recognize his own world. That means that spawn points are not converted along with the rest and I probably need to keep looking ?
    Can anyone confirm ?

12. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    You could try to fly to the coordinates of your buildings

13. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Silverfish

I assume I will have to activate flight mode on the server side then ? And figure out how to "fly" on the tablet :)
    I'll give it a try and come back upon success/fail. Thanks in advance already for your aid !!

14. Junkdude

Junkdude Zombie

GitHub:
    JunkDaCoder
    Did you name your world "world". You might have to edit the level.dat. Or you can see the default spawn there

15. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Silverfish

Is it possible to change the spawn point by editing a file like level.dat ?

Flying to the coordinates might prove difficult as in MCPE there are no coordinates visible .. :s

16. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    Is there not a /getpos command in this plugin? It may be outdated, but I think it is just the API you need to change

17. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    No no no, it's extremely outdated, it's .php xD

SalmonDE likes this.
  18. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    Well then, what about LiveXYZ from dktapps

TheDragonRing and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  19. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Perfect xD

SalmonDE likes this.
  20. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Silverfish

Pfffff, I'm about to give up and just tell the girls we need to start all over again. I just don't think it can be done. I've spent hours flying around with the server set to creative mode and all it does is create these .mca files and the highest number I have so far is r.-3.-1.mca while the files that the converter generated for me are r.8.0.mca
    Furthermore, for some strange reason the F3 button is no l onger triggering the debug screen showing coordinates, the /TP command is putting me right in the middle of some ocean, ..........

Countless hours and so far nothing :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.