1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Massive memory leak with plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by Kabluinc, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

I have been having some issues with this plugin

https://github.com/DanilZz/BuildBattle-minigame-pocketmine

It is a build battle plugin and when its loaded on my server, the memory usage is very high. Even when there are no players on the server, the memory can be seen increasing every second

Could anyone tell me what exactly is wrong in the plugins code that is causing this rather high memory usage.

Is there anything that can be changed to solve this memory leak caused by the plugin?

Many thanks.

2. RastaPasta

RastaPasta Silverfish

GitHub:
    idonthaveone
    is the server on a vps? If yes tell me the os

3. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

i only tested the plugin locally.

4. RastaPasta

RastaPasta Silverfish

GitHub:
    idonthaveone
    its not the goodest way to host a server, thats why its laggy

5. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

I use about 70 plugins and the server runs fine for up to 1 day but when I use this plugin, server uses up full ram limit within 1 hour

6. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    If the ram usage is increasing over time without cause, then yes, you have a Memory leak.

It could a boat load of things in the plugin. Have you looked around in it to see if there is something wrong?

applqpak likes this.
  7. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    no, just no, windows is as fine as every OS to run a server
    it may boil down to mem leak OR just bad hardware

Dog2puppy, HimbeersaftLP and applqpak like this.
  8. kaliiks

kaliiks Zombie

All plugins by this dev. are laggy :D

9. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i think that just a very bad minigame base to begin which tend to get copied everywhere , who violates PSR-0

10. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

I wish someone could use this to create a build battle minigame that actually works. I have little knowledge for that kind of thing xD

11. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    it is not easy to create a PROPER plugin that you can run infinity amounts of matches all at once

12. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

Even one with just 1 match at a time would be enough for a fairly small to medium sized server with 10-20 players. I mean the plugin above works perfectly with no issues and time, themes, voting with clay etc all work flawlessly. Its just the fact that it uses ALLLLOT of memory and lags allot. Keeping the server idle for 5 hours and I can see memory usage around 500MB. without it, around 70MB max. Even with no activity in the server, u can watch the memory go up each second. without it memory stays frozen as theres no activity. Even the other SW and SG plugins I have cause no issues and don't cause any load what so ever

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.