1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

[MAPS] MCR to Anvil

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by Hipster, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

Can anyone provide a link to a working plugin which converts MCRegion maps to Anvil? Is there a way to convert?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  2. MK500

MK500 Slime

GitHub:
    markkrueg
    If the purpose of your question is to convert a world to something that will work with the new default 256-high PMAnvil format used by PMMP 1.0, then there isn't currently a tool. This is because the new PMAnvil format is:

Exactly the same as Anvil, but with XZY data ordering.
    As far as I know there has never been a XZY ordered file format like this before; so there is no way to convert to it.

if you use a tool to convert from MCRegion to Anvil, it still won't work with PMMP 1.0. As far as I know there is currently no way to convert a 128-high MCRegion world to the new default 256-high PMAnvil format. I would LOVE to have this ability; as I have some worlds I want to convert. I wouldn't even care if it took 20 hours to run.

For reference, the tools I am aware of for converting worlds:

pmimporter

MConverterUltimate

Possibly some clever developer can make a modified version of one of these tools with the XZY ordering.

Alternately I would propose a command in PMMP itself like "/convert World" that would warn the user "This may take hours...are you sure...y/n" and then spawn a thread and convert a loaded MCRegion world to PMAnvil in a new directory chunk by chunk. This would probably have the highest degree of compatibility with PMMP and avoid any chance for corruption; since it would be reading chunk data using the existing PMMP routines and then writing out with the new PMAnvil ones.

dktapps and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  3. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

[​IMG]
    This is what happens when i update to 1.0

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    WTF, the forums just had a strange error, it showed your post, but as another member, and now it disappered from my alerts, lol

Sandertv likes this.
  5. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Yes, the ordering is now XZY, not XYZ an that causes everything to go kind of weird.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  6. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    BTW, you should be able to fix it through forcing to load that would using anvil not PManvil.

7. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

You mean changing format to anvil in pocketmine.yml? I did that, worked for some worlds but didn't work for 2 worlds.

8. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    In what format are these two worlds in?

9. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

Same as others

10. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    This should not happen on official PocketMine builds. If you are using some copy-paste piece of **** like Elywing, which has issues like this, you will not get any help here.

11. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    We have considered doing this, however it would be extremely slow to do so within PocketMine itself. @Intyre is working on a dedicated world conversion tool in Golang at the moment for this purpose.

12. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Nice

13. MK500

MK500 Slime

GitHub:
    markkrueg
    That's wonderful news. Is there a GitHub yet? Yay Intyre!!!

Sign me up to be a tester. I have a ridiculously massive (20GB) mcregion world to test convert. It was all built by players over a year in PocketMine-MP (not imported from PC or Anvil).

14. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    Oh boy, calm down. He's still working.

15. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

@Muqsit how does your server works on v1.0, if they haven't even released world converter yet?

16. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    I haven't touched the world's folder. It's not mandatory to change your level format in pocketmine.yml to PMAnvil. McRegion and Anvil still work.

It's just that PMAnvil chunks load faster that anvil.

17. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

Weird, i tried them all, still doesn't work for me :(

18. Dog2puppy

Dog2puppy Slime

GitHub:
    colesquared
    Why would it be slow?

19. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    PHP

archie426 likes this.
  20. Dog2puppy

Dog2puppy Slime

GitHub:
    colesquared
    Oh.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.