1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Making my server more Plug&Play

Discussion in 'Help' started by bunnybuilder, Dec 2, 2016.

1. bunnybuilder

bunnybuilder Creeper

GitHub:
    bunnybuilder
    Dear PMMP Community,

Thank you, everyone, for helping me with my last problem. Everyone here is so helpful and knowledgeable!

I use Minecraft PE with my students as a tool in our art and steam class. Everything works but I want to streamline some steps for myself and for other teachers in my school to use the pocket mine server.

Using terminal on an apple computer to run the pocket mine server...

1. How can I create a file that automatically opens terminal, opens the containing folder "cd <pocketmine folder>", and does the "./start.sh" command. So I could just click one file and have everything start

2. How can I have the server start and automatically enter a few commands. The commands I want the server to start with are "time set 6000", then "time stop".

Thank you,
    Daniel

2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    That can either be done through a plugin (dispatching commands using a yml config file) or (using the api to set time).
    If you don't want to use that you can make a start script that opens a pipe and enters cmds into the server.

3. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    for the first one you can make a bash script
    If clicking on start.sh dosent work for some reason

for the second one you could probably do with a simple plugin that lock the time itself

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Just click on the start.sh (you probably have to set the default software for .sh to Terminal)

5. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    A shell for cd-ing & starting:
    you can put this in a plain text file with .sh at the end
    Code:
    /DIR_TO_SERVER/start.sh

Remeber to do chmod +x

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.