1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Suggestion Make Developer Tag and Private Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KittyDev, Nov 29, 2017.

1. KittyDev

KittyDev Slime

GitHub:
    FreakingDev
    1 - Add Developer Tag for those who already contribute plugin in the plugin section
    2 - Disable Developer Section for those who does'nt have Developer Tag
    3 - Make this Forum to private. So Guest can't view this forum.

Well it's just my opinion to prevent duplicating / nonsense threads for those annoying kids.

2. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    1. What is 'contributing'? Maybe I contributed to a plugin a lot but didn't publish it, but my friend did? What if I haven't released any of my plugins? What if I haven't published them on GitHub? Who deserves a tag and who doesn't?

2, 3. Why would you make it private? The only thing you achieve with that is to make development even harder to step into for noobs. Even people that aren't good at coding should deserve a chance to hop into it.

This is a very bad idea and I don't see why you would want anything remotely like this.

3. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    By suggesting 2 and 3, you're stepping into the dangerous route of elitism, market monopolization and anonymous developer hostility that Microsoft heads to all the time. Look at what happens with Minecraft server and you'll know.

4. KittyDev

KittyDev Slime

GitHub:
    FreakingDev
    Ok i just stay quiet and ignore those threads

5. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    No private forum...

A PMMP Discord server (if there isnt one) and a private channel for plugin developers :)

6. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    isnt it kinda what we are exactly doing??(see what we are doing on discord?)
    still, what's your reasoning behind that?
    why shouldnt dont we have a public over private?
    tho i wouldnt mind if there's an exact clone of a section, one public one private but who gets to pick? wouldnt it be unfair to new people?

7. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    I dont think a private forum section is a good idea because plugin developers will want to discuss things which just isnt that easy on a forum.

8. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    yeah i agree, moover all that spam/lowqualitity post have to go somewhere regardless you are just gonna move it somewhere else

9. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    I won't call that a private forum. It is just internal discussion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.