1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Looking for Insight

Discussion in 'Requests' started by FiberglassCivic, Sep 5, 2017.

?

Which 3 Plugin Categories are most important to you?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2017.
  1. Admin Tools

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Anti-Griefing

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Chat

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Economy

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Fun

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Information

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Mechanics

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  8. Minigames

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  9. Teleportation

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  10. World Editing

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FiberglassCivic

FiberglassCivic Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    95civicsi
    Revival PMMP is getting ready to ramp up development on some of the projects that have been allowed to die down. We want to know which categories of plugins are most important to you.

• Admin Tools - Includes permissions type features like roles, factions, player-banning, and authentication.
    • Anti-Griefing - Things such as world protection, item usage restrictions, item banning
    • Chat - Features that modify chat like text coloring and word filters
    • Economy - Anything to do with exchange of items between players
    • Fun - Non Minigame fun additions like pets, visual modifiers
    • Information - Coordinates tools, player info gathering, development tools.
    • Mechanics - Items that modify game play in a direct manor Mob Spawning, Particles
    • Minigames - Self Explanitory
    • Teleportation - Plugins that help move between points or worlds
    • World Editing - Tools that help create, build, and modify with speed and ease.
    Added Development Tools to Information per request by @SOFe.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    What category is permission management?

3. FiberglassCivic

GitHub:
    95civicsi

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  4. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Where is developer tools?

5. FiberglassCivic

GitHub:
    95civicsi
    I guess we could include that in Information.

6. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Note that you are not allowed to submit plugins based on others work onto Poggit unless you have major additions to the plugin. If you would like to help update some old plugins that are no longer maintained, please contact Poggit Orphanage, an organization that specializes in adding minor fixes and updates to old plugins that are no longer maintained.

Jack Noordhuis and jasonwynn10 like this.
  7. FiberglassCivic

GitHub:
    95civicsi
    Thanks for the reminder SOFe. I was thinking more about the ones that have already been released by Revival but I see how my wording was misleading.

So far it looks like Admin Tools and Anti-Griefing have a solid need. Any specific features or needs?

8. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    want to do something about block logging?
    killerbearboys revival, the original author didnt updated it to APIv2

more advanced anticheat as the rise of more cheats we are kinda still defenseless on most parts
    (like actual solid anticheat that dosent just send gamemode packet and HOPE the client do something, instead you should PULL the client back to ground)

some sort of iProtector reboot? which can act as player protection(if player have perms) and admin protection
    with more flags like explosions, can use items etc
    also allowing custom flags that other plugin can read/write onto would be quite nice if you can get others to use it
    say there's a custom flag called "fac-noclaim" which the faction plugin can check if it exist and deny claim if it does

dunno that's a few off my head, was thinking about like a chat plugin too because all of the current ones cant even support custom tags(say trying to put your money in the tag using the provided API), most only support one called "factions" which is a bad idea when you want to have more then one thing, i had try to hack purechat into making it support multiple tags but i honestly call it nothing more then a hack

FiberglassCivic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.