1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

logged out due to Invalid session, Version?

Discussion in 'Help' started by MineCraftForChildren, Jan 20, 2018.

1. MineCraftForChildren

MineCraftForChildren Spider Jockey

Hi Everyone.

I've been on here for a few months reading up, and needed help and had a few questions for my daughters MineCraft server.

Some history. I work within I.T., and set up a MineCraft Server on a VPS for my daughters to play with on our P.C's. They have their own devices with which used PocketMine, and now MineCraft (Bedrock). Sometimes things run smooth, but once an update occurs, I get the logged out due to Invalid session error.

I've tried every tip and trick in resolving it, and it just never resolves. The previous time, I saved their world, wiped out the VPS, and reinstalled everything. It worked. Now, I think their laptops updated, and now the error.
    The version of MineCraft installed is downloaded from here (Pmmp,
    This server is running PocketMine-MP version 1.7dev-634 "[REDACTED]" (API 3.0.0-ALPHA10)). Before logging in, there's other Servers...and I tested logging into them, and have zero issues connecting to them.

So my questions;

1. What is the true method to resolve the logged out due to Invalid session error?
    2. Is there MineCraft server version that's the "go to" for everyone?
    3. What versions or installations is Mineplex, inipvp, or lifeboat running to have zero connection issues? (not promoting them...just need help)
    4. Could the firewalll have any factor, even though they were connected before?

The setup is a VPS running Ubtuntu 16. The devices are on Version 1.2.9

Please any ir guidance with would be much appreciated..

Thanks,

M

2. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Have you removed PocketMine and replaced it with the latest version?

3. MineCraftForChildren

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, I'm either not sure or assumed I did. I'm using the most recent build (or at least 2-3 days ago) from https://pmmp.io

1. Isn't PocketMine now just called MineCraft under the Play Together system?
    2. Should I be using a different build or phar than what I'm downloading from https://pmmp.io?
    3. If not, how do I remove it and replace it with the latest version...assuming I'm using the wrong version?

I have my own update script that loads the latest phar, and PHP.

4. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    PocketMine isn't the game, it's one of the softwares that can be used to make a multi-player server for the game.
    You need to go to http://jenkins.pmmp.io and download the latest. Phar file. Afterwards, rename it to PocketMine-MP.phar and delete the old PocketMine-MP.phar and replace it with the new one.

5. MineCraftForChildren

Those are the steps to setup a mutliplayer server. The server has been running for over a year. I'm having issues connecting to the server after an update.

6. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    No, those are the steps on how to update a server that's already set up.

7. MineCraftForChildren

Please re-read my initial post.

1. The server IS already set up. It's not new.
    2. The server IS multiplayer. It's been played on many times with an existing world.
    3. The server HAS been updated. Many many many times (and at the moment https://jenkins.pmmp.io is down, so I can't update to the newest release)
    4. After the update, there is now an error logging in. This is what I'm asking for help with.

1,2,3 are already taken care of and not an issue. I just need help or suggestions with #4.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.