1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Local Splitscreen on xbox does not work

Discussion in 'Help' started by joseph, Nov 27, 2019.

1. joseph

joseph Creeper

GitHub:
    flaminggenius
    Hello Everyone,

Splitscreen does not work and I wonder why? Is this something that can be programmed into pocketmine? Is there a limitation for why it is not supported? Is it a planned feature?

If I can get some answers to these questions maybe I can help start on the path to getting this implemented.

Thanks Joseph

2. DaRealPandaz

DaRealPandaz Silverfish

GitHub:
    mrpandaz
    Microsoft does not allow splitscreen on servers.

3. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    It's intentionally unsupported because of a poor implementation which causes some assumptions about packet immutability to be violated, and also requiring a large amount of changes due to being overengineered. Since these assumptions enable packet caching for enhanced performance, it doesn't make sense to compromise that for the tiny fraction of users who want to play split screen.

TL;DR: Split screen isn't supported because of an economical tradeoff.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  4. WilliamJBSR

WilliamJBSR Creeper

I run a BDS server and split-screen with the Xbox works perfect but there is no options (Plugins). I wish PocketMine-mp could implement this I would switch in a heartbeat.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.