1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Leet steals plugins

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by NickTehUnicorn, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrowawayPM

ThrowawayPM Spider

If you saw illegal action going on then why did you not take issue at the time? You are therefore complicit with anything.

I agree, they should compensate the developers of plugins which did not allow commercial use where they used the code for commercial uses. I recommend the developers of those plugins to contact LEET or to pursue action in the courts if they wish to.

I was replying to the authors of the replies to this thread where they were claiming LEET act unethically by "stealing" plugins with licenses and use them within their rights. I wasn't referring to any case where they have legitimately stolen code without a license permitting commercial use, there is definitely an issue with that.

Don't want to taint my reputation on PMMP before I actually join the PMMP community. Seems to be a touchy topic here.

2. NickTehUnicorn

NickTehUnicorn Zombie

GitHub:
    unickorn
    Ahem.
    This is what I read from https://opensource.org/osd.html

In that case, what should I do to avoid someone selling my plugin (ahem- leet -ahem) but allow non-commercial use?

And by commercial use, I don't mean "don't use this on your server" I mean "don't charge people to use this on their servers".

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  3. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    I quit. Not much more you can do when the person in charge refuses to listen.

EdwardHamHam and NickTehUnicorn like this.
  4. ThrowawayPM

ThrowawayPM Spider

You'd have to read up to find the right license for you. There are many out there and I'm sure you'll find one.

5. ThrowawayPM

ThrowawayPM Spider

You were there for a long time though, right? How long were they supposedly doing that for? When did they stop? How many plugins did it involve?

6. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    Were and are doing it for years. It's highly unlikely it has stopped. As for the plugins... countless throughout the years.

NickTehUnicorn likes this.
  7. NickTehUnicorn

NickTehUnicorn Zombie

GitHub:
    unickorn
    NPOSL-3.0
    Would this work?

8. Thouv

Thouv Slime

GitHub:
    adeynes
    Tbh this is just sad/making me completely rethink what I previously thought about LEET

9. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    Reading that makes it seem like only non-profit organizations may use it, wording can be weird but certainly does seem to imply more than simply "cannot profit from the product".

10. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Uhm, so instead of updating it to it's current version and making it free, you rather delete it from your repo and all the servers of the one's who may have even paid for it, right?

11. basprohop

basprohop Silverfish

I could do it ezpz. But I don't have the patience nor money for marketing / advertising , etc.

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  12. beetree

beetree Creeper

Hey,

So, this is the real beetree (I'll ping this thread to some of the staff so you can verify, as random people seem to claim to be me). If you have any issues with any of the plugins please reach out to me. I've already spoken to most major plugin developers, and offered most of them some form of work/collaboration/etc. If you're interested, please reach out. Also, please have indulgence towards us navigating this. PocketMine plugins is a really messy space with all kinds of different devs copying code back and forth, with highly varying result.

The best way is probably to reach out to any of the staff and send them a message to pass on to me (if you don't know any of the staff, just file a support case on support.leet.cc).

Thanks!

/b3

13. Intyre

Intyre Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    Intyre
    No better time then now to close this topic.

Read the last post by @beetree (owner of leet.cc) here.

ProjectDefect and HBIDamian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.